MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it again! Dealer rang me the other night and suggested some very intresting figures. I went down to get the full details, and i bought a car. Lol! Cant mention the deal on here but im sure this must be happeing more frequently with the credit crunch. Basicly my supercharged s was losing vaule very quickly, and a couple of things were going wrong. My warranty was about to run out also, so i looked at the new r56 turbo. No chance of affording one of them.

Until the dealer offered me this deal, brand new 58 cooper s (astro black like mine) with chilli pack. No miles or anything. I decided to go for it and have joined the turbo club lol.

Now ....... must .............. stop........ wanting ...........to .... mod lol!! Will post pictures when i pick her up :)

Adam

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds interesting, I too was offered an amazing deal on a new showroom stock car, but it wasnt the colour I wanted.

Welcome to the Turbo club :rocks:

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
Another dont tell anyone deal.... Just had one on a JCW with my local dealer.

Great marketing, as we wont say what the deal was only how great it is.

So was my deal better than yours, we will never know and we both stay happy :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mini must be struggling to sell these cars right now...

I got a letter from my dealer yesterday announcing special offers on 20 'stock' cars with 0 miles. Featuring Coopers, Clubmans & Cooper Ds. The dealer would contribute with a £1000 deposit then sting you with Mini Select. :D Not sure if the select part is a condition of the sale though..

I guess either the dealer had a lot of cancelled orders or the factory is churning out more cars than they have orders for...

Another has started advertising on local radio regarding deals on the Cooper D...

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
So there are some deals to be had then? My current R56 is a bit of a let down and was thinking i might swap if there was a deal to be had....

·
Registered
851 Posts
So there are some deals to be had then? My current R56 is a bit of a let down and was thinking i might swap if there was a deal to be had....
Sure there are but it's not a good time to sell or trade your current car. Unless your lucky you'll potentially loose more on yours than you normally would. Swings and roundabouts...

Whats the let down with your current car? It looks fantastic! If it's build quality and engine noises etc there's nothing to suggest Mini has fixed these so if you buy another you could get the same again or even worse. Better the devil you know sometimes...

Saying that, I wonder if there's any deals on the BMW 135 at the moment? :D

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Sure there are but it's not a good time to sell or trade your current car. Unless your lucky you'll potentially loose more on yours than you normally would. Swings and roundabouts...

Whats the let down with your current car? It looks fantastic! If it's build quality and engine noises etc there's nothing to suggest Mini has fixed these so if you buy another you could get the same again or even worse. Better the devil you know sometimes...

Saying that, I wonder if there's any deals on the BMW 135 at the moment? :D
Mine has some interesting electrical gemlins as well as the engine noise and general poor buld quality....:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
So is this "nationwide" offer actually being advertised anywhere? For all those with a competitive deal and cant "mention" the offer in this thread could you perhaps PM me? Im looking at buying a new S asap and really dont want to be lining the dealers pockets any more than I have to. Just over a week a go I was told MINI still dont have to offer discounts on their cars and as such is still rare - I simply cannot understand how!

·
Wanted an Audi
2,105 Posts
So is this "nationwide" offer actually being advertised anywhere? For all those with a competitive deal and cant "mention" the offer in this thread could you perhaps PM me? Im looking at buying a new S asap and really dont want to be lining the dealers pockets any more than I have to. Just over a week a go I was told MINI still dont have to offer discounts on their cars and as such is still rare - I simply cannot understand how!
If you own a MINI, you will get some money towards your depost of a new MINI. My monthly payments went down by about £20 :D .

Well happy as we had already agreed the deal so Woodmans didnt have to do it.

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wish, sounds similar to mine. Brand new not pre reg. So os the new s any good then people :) :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Brilliant Car.... I love mine... When I can get the wife out of the drivers seat.
The cars lost a little character, but what it looses there makes up for in build quality and ride comfort

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone have any more details on the £1000 deposit contribution? I'm guessing dealers aren't going to be too forth coming about it unless we ask.
Is it definitely for MINI owners only? That's not going to encourage many people over to MINI when they can get better finance offers from other manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts