MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ooh, cool. I've seen quite a few clubmans coming out of Cowley on the transporters - thought some people must have them by now! I've given up waving at the PW one I see almost every day - must work for Mini - they never flash/wave :-( Quite like the clubman - but as I only just got my new Cooper I don't think we'll be getting one for a while!

·
ukmini*****
168 Posts
Loving the car :)
Miss the supercharged S power, but practicality and a Mini, can't beat it.

Well one child at present, will be making it two within the next 2 years though.
Surprised actually how much more space there is compared to my old MCS. Shopping and a Baby buggy no problem.

May save to add some 17" wheels at some point in the future, but the other half only ends up curbing them so may stick as we are ;)

Darren

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Loving the car :)
Miss the supercharged S power, but practicality and a Mini, can't beat it.

Well one child at present, will be making it two within the next 2 years though.
Surprised actually how much more space there is compared to my old MCS. Shopping and a Baby buggy no problem.

May save to add some 17" wheels at some point in the future, but the other half only ends up curbing them so may stick as we are ;)

Darren
Your just like me I was giving it some in the S today and I thought I am going to miss that when I get the Cooper Clubman :)
We have one little un and am looking forward to fitting stuff in the back and this morning in coldsville I was much looking forward to the heated seats I specced.
I am in two minds about wheels I have some seventeens on the current S that might come out for summer duty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Xenon headlights - any good?

I've just ordered a black Clubman Cooper D with silver roof, which should be with me before Xmas they say. I ticked the Xenon option because there's a lot of animals wandering round the roads of the New Forest, but in the latest Top Gear magazine long-term test report on the Mini, they comment that the Xenon lights are pretty poor.
Does anyone else have an opinion on this - i'g going to be pretty gutted if I have wasted my money, as it's the first new car I have ever bought with my own pennies!
Should have asked you guys the question before ordering it I guess! :confused:

·
Clubbing in Miami
109 Posts
We went with the standard halogen headlights plus front and rear fogs. They should provide sufficient visibility in nearly any conditions.

I have owned four MINIs and none have had Xenons fitted to them. I can see where spending extra for them makes sense, like if you have to frequently drive in pitch dark rural roads.

But under normal street city lights, I don't really see the added benefit of Xenons.

Just my opinion.

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
If in doubt, specify the Xenons. I did, and I don't regret it. If you have ordinary lights, and change your mind later, they are almost impossible to retro-fit as the electrics are completely different.

Plus, they look so cool!

·
Clubbin' It
420 Posts
I've just ordered a black Clubman Cooper D with silver roof, which should be with me before Xmas they say. I ticked the Xenon option because there's a lot of animals wandering round the roads of the New Forest, but in the latest Top Gear magazine long-term test report on the Mini, they comment that the Xenon lights are pretty poor.
Does anyone else have an opinion on this - i'g going to be pretty gutted if I have wasted my money, as it's the first new car I have ever bought with my own pennies!
Should have asked you guys the question before ordering it I guess! :confused:
we didn't get a choice but fortunately the xeons are included...... and Nicky's new chariot has them on i have really got use to them......there are also some driving lamps which need a whiter light to match.... i might post in th e lights section/ speccing thread for some ideas...... they really are effective on dip which is great for us on our local country lanes.:nice:

·
ukmini*****
168 Posts
Xenons are great, Have the standard lamps now on the Clubman, still have plenty of light, but you don't get the pose value of them moving up and down when you start the car up, and no washers either (not that they really ever washed the lighs very well anyway!)

If I had the cash, the Xenons box would have been ticked though along with many others mind you!

Re the Grill, Its States Aero grill on the invoice, and is what we spec'd. Guess the JCW will be carbon fibre?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ooh! It is gorgeous CapriGT! I really liked the Choc/Black but mine will be PW/Black as I wanted to spent the paint money on a DAB radio instead. I need my Clubman Cooper S NOW! lol

41 - 60 of 103 Posts