MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has actually got a Works Cooper and what the spec/colours are. I know Ginge has got one - does he have the open air filter?

Also, anyone got one on order? When did you order it and when are you expecting delivery?

Flowki

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've ordered one. Well I've actually ordered the Cooper S works. I put down a deposite at JCG in August, and hopefully I might get delivery around August/September time, although that is just a guess.

Are you tempted by the works ?

Michael

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I haven't got one but I know that Ginge has the open air filter on his..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have one on order. Can't wait for an S as coming out of a company car scheme, and following the test drive I do not want to drive anything else!

Flowki

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Works Club Sport on order due Feb - However if I wasn't racing it I'd go for 'S' instead

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
No you can have them in any Cooper colour - however lots of people have been ordering to race them as well as use on the road have ordered red - I presume because it's one of the easiest colours to match if you need new panels (which I hope I won't tooooo often!! -

If your using car solely on road then yes warranty applies - if you race them it's a grey area still to be clarified with JCW

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Glad to have another Kent member on the forum.. Look forward to seeing you Works at some point!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
help please! i know that some of you's lots have got the JC works already and at the moment im interested in getting it, can anyone guide me through the process or give me any info? anything would be appreciated like how long it takes and stuff, i've been on the web site but their isn't much :)

thx

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Racer said:
Just up the road a couple of junctions - West Malling (NOT Kings Hill)
Bloody ell know that well, mate lives there and his wife is getting a mini too!!

How much is the sport then?
worth the money?
did you have to wait long for delivery??

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Ordered mine as part of the Challenge package at 19,950 - But you can buy seperate at 16,450

I'll let you know if it's worth it in a couple of weeks

Best bit is you get to jump the queue - Ordered late Dec due Feb !!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Racer said:
Ordered mine as part of the Challenge package at 19,950 - But you can buy seperate at 16,450

I'll let you know if it's worth it in a couple of weeks

Best bit is you get to jump the queue - Ordered late Dec due Feb !!
Is this your everyday car aswell as your track car :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Racer,
Are you doing all the events this season?
Will you be keeping the racing seat and harnesses in while on the road, or do you HAVE to remove and re-install the std items? I read that you have to sign a document stating that you will be returning the car back to a road legal condition i.e. re-instating the air bags etc prior to use on the road.
Once you have done this years sporting events, will you be upgrading to the next season?
I also understand you are 1 of 25? exclusive club then.
Starts in March, not long now........

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Yep ding all events and hoping to upgrade next year JCW say that if this year goes well their upping power and loosening regs a bit next year (why can I see a decreasing bank balance all of a sudden)

CUrrently got an EVO6 Makinen and hoping that I can still use Club SPort on road when EVO goes (ah!) might end up passing to wife for shopping trips though.

I'm going to drive to first couple of events and then once first track race comes (silverstone) I'm going to start trailering

1 of 25 although happen to know 1 pulled out this a.m. so if your quick !!!:)

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
AER said:
Racer,
Will you be keeping the racing seat and harnesses in while on the road, or do you HAVE to remove and re-install the std items? I read that you have to sign a document stating that you will be returning the car back to a road legal condition i.e. re-instating the air bags etc prior to use on the road.........

AER

The disclaimer they reckon your going to have to sign is to cover them against law suits BUT it is legal to deactivate airbags and as long as original belt remains ion place and (I think) you use it instead of harness everything should be OK - If it isn't I'll let you know how many points they put on my licience !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts