MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in the dealers at present having around 11 faults seen to.

The front seats are being attended to for the third time, due to squeaks, comfort and other strange noises.

I've requested that they supply new seats, but the dealer said he doubted they'd change them, and that the squeaks were 'in the design' (ha).

If you've had your seats changed, what's my best bet for a swift replacement decision?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Squeeking Seats!

I too have a few niggles to be sorted out on my MINI.

I am awaiting the correct seat parts for my car since beginning of October. The car had been stripped down once at the dealers beginning October, they then realised they had been sent the wrong parts!

To be honest, i am really really peed off with the waiting (and the squeeking) now, and its got to the stage when i dont drive it much! I let my husband take the car to work everyday. It does not feel like a new car atall to me, along with all the other problems, i think it has put me off ever buying another new MINI again!

I really dont want to be negative, because it still is a GREAT car, and thats how i really want to feel about it, but i have had the car since end September and am still waiting for the niggles to be fixed.

I must also point out that i am really unlucky when buying new things and expect everything to be as perfect as possible, but in this case, far from it. The dealers have been great, but the problems seem to be MINI UK/BMW dont seem to know between them whats occurring!

Perhaps my only option would be to get a job at OXFORD quality control to cure these stupid little bits!

God i feel a lot better now, come on MINI send my parts PLEASE...

Regards,

lol

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
My dealers in Leeds are replacing my common all garden cloth seats after 3000 miles and many hours of discomfort (pains down my left leg after a few mins of driving). The problem with seats will always be the number of parts that make up the seat - this will give dealers and service guys no end of excuses (if they feel they need them). 'Comfort' is also a relative term in many ways.

My seat didn't have any visable signs of damage and probably felt fine to the service guys after sitting in it for a few mins, but they were still happy to replace this (at a cost of £170), so there's no reason why your dealers shouldn't be any different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My car is in the dealer at the moment having some quality issue with the seats being delt with. Didn't have a problem with them before except the trim constantly fell off but apparently thats a different matter!!!!!

Anyone know what they are doing to them?

·
Registered
309 Posts
New seat frames for me

my coopers going in for the second time for new seat frames as the weld has cracked on the drivers side, they want to replace both of them though and the leather is of my part leather sports seats is pulling itself away from the seat back.

Oh did i forget to say that the reason it has to take another visit is because my dealer booked the car in forst time round and 'forgot' to get the parts in....

Clever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts