MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a real pet peeve of mine - promising to ring & then not doing so is just plain bad manners & they don't deserve my business if thats how they behave.

so thumbs down to my current dealer Prestons of Colne :mad: & big thumbs up to Victoria at Harrogate :D

·
Mini Madness
341 Posts
Harpo said:
I'm still waiting for a call back from Coopers of Reading from April last year.

If you're reading this Coopers, I bought mine elsewhere.
Well unfortunately I'm also waiting for Coopers to bother to call me back - although only from this morning on this particular occasion but every other time I've had to give up waiting and phone them back after about most of a day. Looks like it will be the same again today.....

Chris

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I don't think my dealer has a phone with buttons on it - I'm convinced the one in the parts department at least only takes incoming calls............:rolleyes:

·
3 new text messages from.
96,277 Posts
I had the same problem with my dealer. Went in to sort out changing my mini they did the quote and everything but couldn't / wouldn't give me a value on my current mini, said they would ring me after he consulted the ' sales manager ' never to this day has he rang back. I gave them 3 weeks and went to another dealer.

:)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah, same here. Girl didn't call back, too busy clicking on her Internet all the time instead of tending to potential buyers (probably playing Solitaire), so I went to another MA. When I went back in to order, her eyes lit up like firecrackers, but I said sorry, I'm with xxxxxx. You should have seen her face drop. Hahaha... :p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
that reminds me, Preston of Colne STILL owe me a phone call, think its over due by 4 weeks now:rolleyes:

best of it is that they supposedly pride themselves on Customer Service, and it was actually one of the Preston family that dealt with me:mad::(

·
Registered
119 Posts
M111 CGC said:
Well unfortunately I'm also waiting for Coopers to bother to call me back - although only from this morning on this particular occasion but every other time I've had to give up waiting and phone them back after about most of a day. Looks like it will be the same again today.....

Chris

Funny that, I'm sat here waiting for Coopers to call me back too. They have my car and I'm wondering how I'm going to get home tonight - I've been promised a call back 3 times this afternoon but everyone is it seems is "in the workshop". I'm afraid I might not be very polite with them next time I call :mad:

Someone mentioned Victoria in Harrogate and I'd like to give them a thumbs-up whilst I'm here too. My old MC was taken there after they scraped it up off the A1 after a big crash. Victoria kept me informed of everything and were very sorry to tell me it had been written-off. Very polite and service I really didn't expect from them. Might have to consider very carefully where I spend my next £35,000 (1 x MC & 1 x MCS).

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
cozzers said:
Funny that, I'm sat here waiting for Coopers to call me back too. They have my car and I'm wondering how I'm going to get home tonight - I've been promised a call back 3 times this afternoon but everyone is it seems is "in the workshop". I'm afraid I might not be very polite with them next time I call :mad:

Someone mentioned Victoria in Harrogate and I'd like to give them a thumbs-up whilst I'm here too. My old MC was taken there after they scraped it up off the A1 after a big crash. Victoria kept me informed of everything and were very sorry to tell me it had been written-off. Very polite and service I really didn't expect from them. Might have to consider very carefully where I spend my next £35,000 (1 x MC & 1 x MCS).
Victoria in Harrogate?

Bought my first car from them, they charged me for xenons then £100 for a wash system. When i noticed they said it was a mistake and sent me a "proper" invoice to clarify the situation. What they did was put the TLC where the £100 was and then write the OTR charges in pen in the hope that l would not notice......................BALLASTIC, the only way to explain what happened when l spoke with the lying salesman.

l was offered a better trade in from them when l bought my second S so l went back. The service department has always been good and my opinion is that you only need to deal with the salesman once then its up to the service dept.

Strange that when l was thinking of changing my car again Richard Gilligan (salesperson) never contacted me back with a price.......................not really strange when you consider that l had tested a Works S and he didn't bother to call me back.

l introduced my brother to Victoria who bought a M3 from them and traded his S against it, l spoke with Richard Gilliagan who told me that they couldn't get enough S's

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Richard at Harrogate is a waste of space, had the same kind of dealings with him too, never calls back, doesn't know what he is talking about, so I brought my MINI from Bradford instead as they did at least call back and offer more for trade in;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I thought it was just a grudge the dealerships had against us................
Mini Receptionist " Can I get them to give you a call back he's busy with a customer at the moment"

Me "yeah sure here's my number blah blah"

wait wait wait...... oh stuff them i'll try another dealership Mini/Bmw ive found are both terrible for this.

Might give Harrogate a try again next time I need something, last time (a few years ago before Mini's were sold) myself and Emma were for some reason looking at buying a Z3, the sales guy at BMW tried to offer well below the trade value for the MX5 and also treated us like a couple of chavs and in a David Brent style lobbed a screwed up piece of paper at his collegues and looked at us to laugh and we looked at each other as if to say "what a Richard" The guy had this I know it all attitude and your a thick customer that knows nothing more than that a car has 4 wheels. Needless to say have never been back since.

A few years has passed since might be willing to give them a second chance :D, although ideally id like my next new car purchase to be at a Porsche or Aston garage dream dream dream :)

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
lf you go to Harrogate see the sales girl Hat recons she's really good, plus she's much more pleasing to the eye :D

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Rakey said:
Richard at Harrogate is a waste of space, had the same kind of dealings with him too, never calls back, doesn't know what he is talking about, so I brought my MINI from Bradford instead as they did at least call back and offer more for trade in;)

Have only been into the showroom at Bradford a couple of times and they did appear to be quite attentive etc etc but had the previous S serviced there once and they made several silly errors and were terrible for calling us back - I.E they only called us back when they required some info for there own purposes after we had tried to contact the service person about eleventysix times as regards to when our car would possibly be ready fro collection.

Have always found Scotthall in Leeds excellent with the servicing and they have always called us back, but when purchasing new Lloyds in Carlisle have been great and its worth the trip up there for peace of mind.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Parc77 said:
Have only been into the showroom at Bradford a couple of times and they did appear to be quite attentive etc etc but had the previous S serviced there once and they made several silly errors and were terrible for calling us back - I.E they only called us back when they required some info for there own purposes after we had tried to contact the service person about eleventysix times as regards to when our car would possibly be ready fro collection.

Have always found Scotthall in Leeds excellent with the servicing and they have always called us back, but when purchasing new Lloyds in Carlisle have been great and its worth the trip up there for peace of mind.
Bradford were good on sales, and trade in prices;) I have also heard that service is pants, so use Prestons in Colne for service, they are brilliant on that but poor on sales.

Guess you can't find the perfect dealer:(

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Brushy said:
lf you go to Harrogate see the sales girl Hat recons she's really good, plus she's much more pleasing to the eye :D

:D "So Mr Hat including the revolving number plates that wil be £32,823 for your Cooper"

dribble dribble "Wow yeah great thats really cheap - does that include those two big spot lamps" :D

Will have to take Emma with me if I actually decide to sign on the dotted line for a new motor :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Rakey said:
Bradford were good on sales, and trade in prices;) I have also heard that service is pants, so use Prestons in Colne for service, they are brilliant on that but poor on sales.

Guess you can't find the perfect dealer:(
Think you might be right there Rakey, went to Scotthall a couple of years ago when getting the first S told them what car I had to part ex and what I was willing to pay, they said yeah no worries am sure we will sort something out, got all excited then they turned round and said "Yes Sir that will be £1.2trillion pounds a month over the next 2 years"
So went to Lloyds who met my needs first time no probs, still baffles me to this day as to why one dealer can get it right and they other couldnt even get anywhere near, still Scotthall were/are great for servicing - credit where its due.

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i doubt i'll be back to victoria for servicing - its just too far out of my way. scothall's is 5 mins from work although i've never had any problems at prestons either

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Parc77 said:
:D "So Mr Hat including the revolving number plates that wil be £32,823 for your Cooper"

dribble dribble "Wow yeah great thats really cheap - does that include those two big spot lamps" :D
What about the graphics?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts