MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why I LOVE this website...

Today I went to open my window and it did not work... I heard a clicking but no action from the window... All I could think of was BMW/MINI-Dealers+Broken=£££
Thought it best to check the site for some good old fashioned and sound advice...
And this is what I read...

In the event of your electric window failing to go up or down open the door, thump the door panel between the two speakers and this will cure your faulty window...

It bloody well worked !!!

My friend and I laughed at this quirky repair method.... My wallet survives another day...

So thank you to everyone here!!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I love this website too!

Feeling the love today and glad your MINI is fixed. When my electric window stopped working it was the motor and needed replacing luckly under warrenty. Glad this quick fix worked though! Just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have been having thoughts of selling my OneD and getting a Fiat 100HP !
Been worrying that if something goes wrong it will be costly...
My car respondes well to TLC but.... don't fancy forking out lots if a little part goes awoll....
Can't imagine a 'thump' will cure all faulty parts!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi guys

my window motor packs up every now and again, tried the good thump above the speaker, didnt work straight away but it must have done something cos its working now.

u say that this fault is covered under warrenty, is it covered under a cherished warrenty and will they sort it out while its ok or will i have to wait til it packs up again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts