MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when I click on a new thread to view it does it take sooooooo long to come through, is it so I glare at the sponsor ad for longer? It's the only really frustrating element of your brilliant site and will turn me off rather than encourage me to spend, please M2 you're better than that, can you change this?

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
speedynz said:
Why when I click on a new thread to view it does it take sooooooo long to come through, is it so I glare at the sponsor ad for longer? It's the only really frustrating element of your brilliant site and will turn me off rather than encourage me to spend, please M2 you're better than that, can you change this?
I noticed this lately too.... i doubt its deliberate, maybe something to do with the changes that have made recently... to be honest i thought it was just my pc being slow !!!, but seems i'm not the only one

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The site is running much quicker since the upgrade, it depends what thread you're viewing and mostly how big and how many signatures you're having to download.

You can switch of signatures and/or avatars in the user control panel here: http://www.mini2.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

You can also do things like chose how many posts you show on each page and so on, which can speed things up for users with slower connections or PCs.

Options include:
Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Display additional post button row
Show signatures
Show avatars
Show images

The pages since the upgrade are smaller in terms of HTML for people to download, and also involved much less processing, I can 100% say the site is running quicker and is taking up less processor resources than before the changes.

:)

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
The site is running much quicker since the upgrade, it depends what thread you're viewing and mostly how big and how many signatures you're having to download.

You can switch of signatures and/or avatars in the user control panel here: http://www.mini2.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

You can also do things like chose how many posts you show on each page and so on, which can speed things up for users with slower connections or PCs.

Options include:
Number of Posts to Show Per Page
Display additional post button row
Show signatures
Show avatars
Show images

The pages since the upgrade are smaller in terms of HTML for people to download, and also involved much less processing, I can 100% say the site is running quicker and is taking up less processor resources than before the changes.

:)
I must admit I only notice it from work where we only have 128k.... my home PC is much quicker.... thanks for the tips Paul !....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
northandy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing