MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the full chrome type front grille on my car at the minute and am considering changing it. Does anyone know if the standard black mesh Cooper S grille will directly replace it?

My local BMW garage couldn't answer my question lol.

Also, I'd want to keep the chrome surround so would it be possible to remove the surround from my current grille and place it on the new one or would it be easier to just buy a new chrome surround for the new grille?

As BMW don't have a clue, if ayone knows part numbers for the grille andthe surround it would be greatly apprecaited :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got the full chrome type front grille on my car at the minute and am considering changing it. Does anyone know if the standard black mesh Cooper S grille will directly replace it?

My local BMW garage couldn't answer my question lol.

Also, I'd want to keep the chrome surround so would it be possible to remove the surround from my current grille and place it on the new one or would it be easier to just buy a new chrome surround for the new grille?

As BMW don't have a clue, if ayone knows part numbers for the grille andthe surround it would be greatly apprecaited :D
Do a search in these forums for it... or click through the various threads in this sub section and you will find it there (it's the one with the most post count!).

I had it done myself quite recently.. no pics to show you but i can tell you it's very easy to do. You need to be careful when fitting the lower bracket once you've sanded the edges down (reading the other thread i mentioned above will clarify this)... you don't want to scratch your pain work!

...final advice, just take your time with it!

I'll be posting pics of my Dooper fairly soon.. once i get it remapped and professionally detailed... can't wait!! :biggrin:

·
MINI memories...
508 Posts
I saw a lovely mod to a Clubman D on the recent Dales Run where two of the chrome slats had been blacked-out.
Wow, that is quite nice!

To summarise the long thread on Dooper grilles; you can fit a Cooper S grille on a D, but a JCW grille is much easier, and I think it matches the lower grille better.

In any case, you will need the lower chrome section from a Cooper S and modify the ends slightly to make it fit the Cooper D bumper.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the S grille on my dooper..

In my opinion it looks better hen the works in the dooper..

I say this because i've had both standing side by side..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm new here, I've been looking at the Mini Cooper s r56 grill, is that one a Mini Cooper s r56 grill on your white mini?:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
Tjmini96
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing