MINI Cooper Forum banner

Will big brakes fit?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  ianw12345 
#1 ·
Am soon going to need new pads and discs for my mini and am now debating whether to invest in some plush aftermarket brakes. I like the look of the Brembo's but in all honesty am not sure if any will fit on my car without spacers?! if anyone could help with some info and advice then i would be most appreciative.

I have 18" Breyton Magic Sport wheels running on Toyo proxes 215/35 ZR18. I also have Spax RSX coilovers fitted (don't know if this makes ny difference?) So is it possible to fit any aftermarket big brake kits? Just wanted to know what my options were before coughing up to BMW

Thanks

#2 ·
I would call; Breyton and they can most likely tell you if they will fit. The seller should also be able to help you. I am not sure but check if Brembo's calipers are made of billet material as if they are you will almost surely have no problem.

With 18's you shouldnt have much trouble.

#3 ·
You will not good an accurate answer with either manufacturer because they just dont know/care!

I dont think you'll have any problems with the Brembos, I've got them myself on 17inch AZEV wheels but did need 10mm H+R spacers. They are quite a big caliper, so if youre wheels design curves in ?, but if the spokes/star are quite pushed out to the side of the rim you wont have a problem.
The problem that you're going to have in major doses is the rubbing of inner guards. So maybe you'll need some camber plates just to squeeze it all in.

#4 ·
I have the Brembo Gran Turismo brake kit on my MCS and they just fit my 17" BBS RK2 without wheelspacers. Off set is 35ET, so they do need a bit of room. of course it all depends on the off set and (inner) shape of your rims, but i gives you a bit of an indication.

#5 ·
cooper7 said:
Am soon going to need new pads and discs for my mini and am now debating whether to invest in some plush aftermarket brakes. I like the look of the Brembo's but in all honesty am not sure if any will fit on my car without spacers?! if anyone could help with some info and advice then i would be most appreciative.

I have 18" Breyton Magic Sport wheels running on Toyo proxes 215/35 ZR18. I also have Spax RSX coilovers fitted (don't know if this makes ny difference?) So is it possible to fit any aftermarket big brake kits? Just wanted to know what my options were before coughing up to BMW

Thanks
Check the Promini, Stage 3 Brake Kit!

Includes Tar-ox 318mm floating front rotors with pads, Tar-ox 10 piston light weight front calipers, Tar-ox 323mm floating rear rotors, Mintex M1144 rear pads, and 2 quarts of ATE Super Blue brake fluid. A savings of 10% compared to items purchased seperately. The perfect upgraged for serious racer.
Contact Promini at 800-648-7278 ext 221

#6 ·
ever considered StopTech's?
seem very good with that price tag... APRacing is also top notch, but for the Mini I think the first option is the best since it has rear rotors as well.
its a matter of taste I guess.... about it clearing check with the manufacturer.
hope it turns out OK, then show us lots of pics ;)

#7 ·
dont know if this helps but a palce near me called godspeed brakes do a package which consists of (gold plating the discs?) drilling them and cross grooving them also, for £35 per disc?! dont know if this helps in any way but i may get it done, wot you all think?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.