MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I want that one in blue..
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered a Cooper S a couple of weeks ago but stipulated a delivery date of April 05.

I think I heard the dealer saying that January would be the cut off for changes of specification from my point of view.

Do you think cars confirmed for build in January will have the options recently announced like the white back lights, changes to standard Cooper S alloys ?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
When you placed your order has the dealer confirmed the Price has changed?
If it's due delivery April 05 like mine it will have the changes :)

Oh and Welcome to MINI 2 :D

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking a stab in the dark but I don't think my dealer (or at least the salesperson I've been dealing with) has not mentioned/no idea of the 2005 changes yet.

I have just sent the dealer a mail to see if they have any idea.

I wonder if anyone has spoken to any of the UK dealers about the changes to the specification and when the cut off for the new spec from a delivery taking point of view applies.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
I would say the Cut off would be fairly soon as we are almost halfway through Novemebr :)
MINI.co.uk will also have to update their website as they are still depicting the old Prices.

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interceptor, a couple of other questions regarding your replies above:

I got carried away with the delivery date, I have ordered mine for March 1st as I am replacing a company car and I want a new reg. :)

1.) Has your dealer informed of a price change or confimed your car will be the new spec ?
2.) Do you know if the order date or delivery date effects if you get the 'new' version.
(eg do you think all March delivered cars will be the new spec ?)

Thanks for the info

Gary

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The dealers all know (or should do, if they don't, being blunt they're not keeping track of their own product and shouldn't be doing the job (in my view).

If you car is being made after the 1st Jan next year (which yours would be) you can order the new options. It's build date that's important on new options, not when you order it/pick it up.

The '05 model year is the car that's being built now, the new options in January do not signify a model year change.

The "new spec" are mostly new options, so if you want things like the clear lights, you will, or course, have to order them.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
garysteen said:
Interceptor, a couple of other questions regarding your replies above:

I got carried away with the delivery date, I have ordered mine for March 1st as I am replacing a company car and I want a new reg. :)

1.) Has your dealer informed of a price change or confimed your car will be the new spec ?
2.) Do you know if the order date or delivery date effects if you get the 'new' version.
(eg do you think all March delivered cars will be the new spec ?)

Thanks for the info

Gary

Yes unfortunately the dealer has informed me of the Price difference :(
From what i'm aware it does not effect the delivery date, and like what Paul has said all dealers should of known. I do know though that the salesmen have to work through the list and inform the customers of the Price/Spec increase.
LOL, the dealer was gobsmacked that I knew the infomation same time he did!

·
MCS Owner-to-be
37 Posts
My estimated delivery date is the 14 jan and I am getting the new spec so I am sure you will do for an April delivery.

Will the change of spec be from Jan 1st and if so who out there will get the first 05 Cooper S - I won't be far down the line but there must be a few in front of me... :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My MCS is on order for delivery some time in march.
However the dealer phoned me yesterday asking me to pop in asap to finalise the spec, which I did today. Apparently after monday I can't change any more bits and bobs. So I added DSC :) She has the buletin from BMW but seemed quite supprised that I knew more about it than her ;)

She read it and she reaconed that everything on the buletin would be on my car, but I'm not so sure. Also she didn't mention any price changes, or the Chili pack costing an extra 100 quid...

Some price changes seemed to happen between me ordering my Mini one week and my girlfriend ordering hers the week after. Her TLC cost 50 quid more than mine!!

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
So is anyones dealer honouring the price change or are they making you pay the difference like mine!
My dealer wont as the car not expected till April so they say they have given me plenty of advance warning :(

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Confirmed with my dealer today that I wanted the 17" 5-Star Bullet light alloy wheels at zero cost as per the press release.

I also requested the white rear lights at £35

She also confirmed that the Limited Slip Differential would be fitted as standard on the Chilli Pack.

I asked for email confirmation that has not turned up yet!!

No mention of price rise.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mine said that the LSD would be on the car as its part of Chili, but they've not adjusted the price.. and that was the first she'd heard of the LSD..
But she'd not read the info from BMW fully THB, and seemed to think that if it said so on a piece of paper, then it must be true. ;) Bit embarassing really when you know more than the sales person!!
I'm not 100% convinced, but will just have to wait and see!!

The Bullet alloys however were on offer as a no cost change from my order and that was on her piece of paper too, so I guess somethings working somewhere! hehe. They had em on a car in the showroom, I'm gonna stick with the S-Spoke.

I guess it depends from what build as opposed to delivery date onwards they start fitting things like the LSD etc.

·
New MCS Owner
41 Posts
Ive just ordered my MCS yesterday. Delivery date is around Jan 21st. Ive been charged an extra £100 for the chili pack (includes LSD). TLC was £150.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts