MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's been quiet lately and let me stir up the water.
Have you guys/gals go to Ocean Terminal and see the Cabrio?
Is it attractive enough for you to trade in your MC/MCS and wait for the delivery in 2005?
What attracts you most (or least attracting?)
And what about the 3 new colors? Will you opt for them?

Cheers. ;)
YCLee

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would never do that the new convirtible mc and mcs are heavy and slower than mcs or mc coupe, I know its nice, and I like buts its too slow maybe if you add jcw kit to it ? :yellow:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The cabrio is a great car too as the MC or MCS. But it is just not practicle in the HK polluted and humid environment. I could not even recall how many times in a year to open my sun roof, may be a few times only when cruising in the HK south, not to mention a totally opened roof. Just that I am very interested in the exclusive orange colour, not fair if they are only for the cabrio. :(

·
Mini Black
240 Posts
droideka said:
The cabrio is a great car too as the MC or MCS. But it is just not practicle in the HK polluted and humid environment. I could not even recall how many times in a year to open my sun roof, may be a few times only when cruising in the HK south, not to mention a totally opened roof. Just that I am very interested in the exclusive orange colour, not fair if they are only for the cabrio. :(
Totally agreed! I heard from a BMW service advisor saying that the cabrio makes a lot of rattle noise too.

·
.::Binx::.
345 Posts
Waddup ppl...

This is a off topic...but it would mean alot to me if some of you can give me suggestions.. During my trip to Asia next week... i will be stopping at HK airport for a few hours... could any of you suggest which place is famouse for tourist to go?? I never been to HK be4.... so any info will be greatly appreciated... Thanks...

·
Registered
109 Posts
jaieism said:
Waddup ppl...

This is a off topic...but it would mean alot to me if some of you can give me suggestions.. During my trip to Asia next week... i will be stopping at HK airport for a few hours... could any of you suggest which place is famouse for tourist to go?? I never been to HK be4.... so any info will be greatly appreciated... Thanks...
Hi,

Welcome to HK! Few hours may not be sufficient for you to get out to see things. As HK airport is now one hour from any tourist attractions except the Budda in Lantau (requires at least 3 to 4 hours to visit). I suggest you just store your luggages at the airport, hop in to a express train all the way to Central Station. Then you can dine and shop at the IFC Building and have a glimpse of the Victoria Harbour. That should occupy you 3 to 4 hours time. If you have more time, you can take the Star Ferry to the Kowloon side and you will find more traditional tourist merchandise to buy. When finished, you can either go back the same way or take a taxi directly to Kowloon Station to get back to the airport express train. Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Got to pass on the cabrio - Though I do open my sunroof as much as I can - I don't find it as practical as my Mini. As this the only car I have at the moment - I think all of us know how much a mini can really carry - Actually my Friends are amazed of how much room it has once the seats are folded down. Due to the price increases lately - kind of makes the price of the Cabrio OTT. HK 320,000 for a MCS version - man that is almost HK 90,000 more than I paid for my car. Since I have a MCS already I could buy a used MX5 for HK 25,000. But then again that's me...

·
Track Junkie
547 Posts
I agree with droideka. The air in the city is really too polluted to go topless :(

I hope the softtop is not prone to water leaks or more rattles. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
361 Posts
For the MCS Convertible,

I think I want that to be my wife's car, AT should be, cause it is really for a great holiday mood.no time to rush. as droideka said, it is too heavy for the running heart. For me, i will open the top always as long as it is not rainning. It is a graet way to release the pressure after a heavy day, it really chher me up form that, of course I have to wash my hair more often. For now, I think I still like my MCS, may be after frist year of the AT MCS Convertible, I may consider to buy one for my wife.

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting! So it seems not many of us, existing Mini owners, are that eager to go for the topless. I agree with Cliffy that if I want a convertible, I would get a used MX-5! But then I don't think convertibles are suitable for HK. All the ex-owners of convertibles I know were regretted. Maybe for occasional gal drivers, it is different. (I confess I am sexually biased on this)
But I do like the new blue color. Personally I think it is better than the Indigo and the Electric.
I am not itchy to change my MC to a MCS or a Cabrio. I was at one stage triggered by the beauty of a red AR 147 TS2.0 though. But then I decide to keep my baby SG/MC for a while as I am not sure how long I am going to stay in HK.
Cheers!
YCLee

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
YC, long time no see. Hope all is going well with you and your family.

The MCS Cabrio has much more feminine appeal compared to the hardtop version, hence the reason I believe it's better suited for a female driver, but that is just my opinion. Besides, the torsional rigidity would be very different between the open and the hardtop and we all know for superior handling characteristics which one is the better suited car.

I must agree with you that the new 'Cool blue' color is very sharp looking.

/karman

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi, Karman. Yes, the cool blue is in between the darker 'Indigo blue' and the light 'electric blue'. So it makes it real sharp. They should make it for the MC and MCS too.
The only reason that they can really make me to change my MC is when they come out the new engine for it. Just wait for a couple years more.
YCLee

·
Registered
508 Posts
yukclee said:
Hi, Karman. Yes, the cool blue is in between the darker 'Indigo blue' and the light 'electric blue'. So it makes it real sharp. They should make it for the MC and MCS too.
The only reason that they can really make me to change my MC is when they come out the new engine for it. Just wait for a couple years more.
YCLee

YC,

A 2 litre engine will be great. ;)

Manho

·
Mini2 Fan
272 Posts
ar75 said:
YC,

A 2 litre engine will be great. ;)

Manho
Totally, hope this happens soon. For the cabrio, it's really smart, but the selling price is marked highly and the rear seat space is too tight, that is only suitable for the children or pets. Btw, both colors for the MC/MCS cabrio aren't my lady's and my choice. We can't accept them as they look like very ugly esp during daytime :( .

Cheers,
Herman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, a 2 liter engine will be great for the MC. I like NA engines and around 140-150hp is nice. Just wonder if they can squeeze out some area in the engine bay and fit it in.
YCLee

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
14 Participants
sorlo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing