1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed and waxed the car yesterday.
Locked car.
Key into jeans pocket.
Went inside.

Came back out an hour later and all the windows were open. WTF?!?

I had read that you could do this from the key but I see no button for it and no mention of it in the manual.

How do you do this with the key?

Or is my car / mind fecked?

:confused:

Please help. My Sanity is challenged.

I've had the car since Monday so it's an 05 or whatever the post-facelift models are called.

· Feel the G's
126 Posts
Haha, bet that was a heart-stopping moment when you came out the house, glad it was okay though.
Anyway, if you press and hold down the button to open the car for 2 seconds, the car opens and then the windows go all the way down, its called comfort opening, and if you dont like it, your dealer can turn it off.
Button was probably pressed against summat whilst it was in yer pouch

Scottybhoy

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.

I sussed it with some advanced key fumbling.

I even checked all round for glass, and I'd left my phone in the drivers cubby!

Actually, I just did that again, better go fetch :(

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V irritating that it doesn't wind them back up tho.

I used to know someone who had a Golf Mk3 GTI when they first came out and it closed the car when you locked it.

· Registered
30 Posts
I used to have a MK3 Golf GTI, it did shut the windows on the key and open them all for car thieves as well! (if they new the trick!)

I don't like to think about my MCS and the old Golf at the same time, one used to make me cry with frustration while the other makes me smile!

Cheers

TTcharlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.