MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BlueMax
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving against the sun my MCS windscreen shows many tiny spots all over the screen, much the same as you would find driving a high milage car with an old sandblasted windscreen. The same holds true when looking through the rear window with the sun from behind. Only problem, my MCS has only 3700kms on it. These spots are in the glass, not physical marks or dirt on the surface and only noticeable against strong light. The side windows show spots to a lesser degree. Has anyone noticed this? I hate cleaning the windows and then seeing the tiny spots. :bad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hmmm. I noticed the same thing yesterday (and I'd just cleaned them and my car is brand new (3 weeks). The sun was strong and low at the time. I'd be interested in what answers folks have.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ive noticed the same thing. Washing and even using Windex (glass cleaner) doesn't help. I think a proper windshield glass polish should remove the marks. I know Autoglym make one, but I'm not sure if you can get it SA.

·
Registered
437 Posts
What I've noticed is where the suction cups must have been on the windshield during manufacturing (my car is about a month old). Has any one else seen these...there are about 8 circles on the windshield.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've recently noticed them on my rear windscreen.

Couldn't work out what they were

1 - 6 of 6 Posts