MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with one window going up to the top then dropping back down about 5 inches, on the times I can fool it into closing totally it doesn't then drop when the door is opened.

Tried the fix of holding switch in the up position a while, then the down position, have tried to reset with the fuse out and also with the battery disconnected but it still defaults to dropping down 5 inches when it gets to the fully closed position.

Anything else I can try before handing over ££'s for the dealer to do an ECU reset? (they have done twice before when it was under warranty)

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try disconnecting the electrical plug into the door lock mechanism as that controls the window drop, if the window stays up then the lock mechanism is your problem, they are a common problem on minis. Does the interior light go out when you shut the door ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes the interior light goes out when the door is closed.

Where would I best access the plug for the door lock mechanism?

·
Registered
244 Posts
You have to remove the door panel & you will see the wiring going in to the lock mechanism. Once you have unplugged it you will have to use your key to lock & unlock but its worth trying to see if this fixes your window problem before buying any parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts