MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am struggling to reset the passenger window because when I push up it goes to the top then drops three inches. Therefore when I push up as per the various online tutorials Im not actually at the top?

Any ideas?

· Registered
71 Posts
Are you pushing it by hand?

Close the door.
Use the switch to open the window & hold the switch for 10 seconds.
Then use the switch to close the window & hold it for 10 seconds.
That should reset the limits - if it doesn't, there may be a problem with the regulator or cables inside the door.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you pushing it by hand?

Close the door.
Use the switch to open the window & hold the switch for 10 seconds.
Then use the switch to close the window & hold it for 10 seconds.
That should reset the limits - if it doesn't, there may be a problem with the regulator or cables inside the door.
Hi
Thanks for coming back to me. I've tried the technique, in fact it's very similar to that of a 1999 Jaguar XK8 I once had and needed that to reset its frameless windows.

On reading on other forums sounds like either a software upgrade will cure or a new window motor or a new regulator. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a definite answer. Think I'll live with it.

Kind Regards
Louis

· Registered
80 Posts
It seems that the regulator thinks you are hitting an obstacle, not the end, hence why it drops down. If you can't get the reset to work manually (and you know about hooking your laptop to the OBD and running INPA/Tool32) there is a function in the FRM module that you can call through Tool32 which does the reset automatically.

Also check that the window is seated properly and not getting excessive resistance from the gaskets. You can adjust with the setting screws at the bottom of the door (below the circular plastic caps). Note that the window must be lowered to reach them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.