MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that my new MCS has little or no tint on the windshield and window glass. I have read the limitations in CA about what the % of light that can ipass through the glass. Can those of your that have tinted windows advise regarding what level of tint is a good balance between the laws of CA and what is necessary for the comfort of the driver and passengers?

Thanks,

·
Registered
299 Posts
lah said:
I find that my new MCS has little or no tint on the windshield and window glass. I have read the limitations in CA about what the % of light that can ipass through the glass. Can those of your that have tinted windows advise regarding what level of tint is a good balance between the laws of CA and what is necessary for the comfort of the driver and passengers?

Thanks,
If you go by the law, there is no tinting allowed on both the driver and passenger side windows. So, if you really do not want to break the law and get caught, there is no balance, between the law and what necessary, for those two windows, you can only go for the rear ones. :(

·
Ex-Mini Owner
33 Posts
I had the same dilemma. Any tint at all on the fronts (over that little bit that's in the factory glass) is illegal as my tint shop pointed out.

They had light, medium, dark and limo tint. I ended up going with the 'medium' tint on all 5 windows. It looks great and is nice for those sunny drives out to Arizona.

I can see out fine at night and have never been stopped. I'm glad I didn't go any darker though.

Here's a photo. There are a few more in my gallery.

Hope this helps !

:: dave :: :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
In Texas:
No Tint on Windshield except for a 4-5 inch strip on top
Front Windows: No darker then 35%
Rest of the Windows: Your choice...

I have found that the 35% light transmission is fine. It definitely is an improvement during the day, but not a problem at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts