MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend a good window tinting place for my cooper s, somewhere in orange county. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try WinTech Tinting. They're located in Orange County and they do mobile services too.I would highly suggest to get Huper Optik tint (the best car tint out there) but the cost is not cheap. It ranges from 300-500, but it is so worth the money.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Unfortunately, I loaned the card of the tinting place I found to a co-worker, but it's the same shop that Crevier and Irvine MINI/BMW send their cars to. I't's right down the street from Crevier. You should be able to call either dealer up and they'll give you the name.

·
Minty Cooper's owner
214 Posts
Had mine & a friend's MINI done with DiamonTint

They come to your residence or workplace to do the install & are based in Mission Viejo. Actually got this contact via MINI2 some months ago...

Very pleased w/ craftsmanship, service & price :)

Tint material they use is Johnsons Silhouette Series/Lifetime warranty.

Appointments are made with Mike Bianco, the owner at: 949-347-8468

*Got a group discount (dealer price) for doing more than one MINI at the same location.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sunshield Glass Tinting

I just moved to LA from Chicago and from a recomendation from my Audi friends I went to this place in Sherman Oaks. They seem to have done a great job -- will let you know as it cures. The tint is right up to the edge of the glass and it seems to be sticking okay on the dot matrix. (This should improve when I go back to him in a few weeks for a check up)

Call and talk to Hamid. 818-906-8468. The place is right at the 101 and Van Nuys Blvd. Tell him that I sent you (Robby in the Green MINI) and he'll really hook you up.

I'm going to bring my Audi there soon. He charged me $150 and that was for his best film on all windows. He'll do regular metalic film on the MINI for $125.

Try to post pictures...

Robby

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pictures of the Tint --

Just figured out how to post pics...

Keep in mind, the after pics are taken RIGHT after the install. It will be curing for the next few weeks. I expect the slight line around where the film is not sticking to the dot matrixing to relax and stick. It should look much cleaner that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts