MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 05 MC with ' darkened glass ' and as everyone knows it's just the rear and rear side windows are tinted , I am having the door glasses tinted to match on Saturday by Pentagon in Dublin , any one know of problems later cleaning ? better know now than have a problem later , I have also asked for tints to be legal for any future Irish legislation ( it's anything goes here at the moment ) I must post some photos soon as I have now had the car for 9 weeks so perhaps before and after .
Gerard

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Irlmin said:
I ordered my 05 MC with ' darkened glass ' and as everyone knows it's just the rear and rear side windows are tinted , I am having the door glasses tinted to match on Saturday by Pentagon in Dublin , any one know of problems later cleaning ? better know now than have a problem later , I have also asked for tints to be legal for any future Irish legislation ( it's anything goes here at the moment ) I must post some photos soon as I have now had the car for 9 weeks so perhaps before and after .
Gerard
If your tints are fitted really well, you shouldn't have any problems. Unfortunatley ALL front windows tints are now illegal in England. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,
Pentagon Dublin also did my tints/Supaglass. Richard is very knowledgable about all things legal. He had a tint measuring device when I got mine and he 67% before and 37% afterwards.
As for the cleaning no problems at all. He gave me some of the cleaning solution that he uses to do the windows prior to the film application.
He is a good guy.

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Job done !!!!!!!! , I would recommend Richard at Pentagon Dublin after seeing the professional nature of his attitude and workmanship . I was a little worried about having this done as I have over the years seen many ' cowboy ' jobs came into our workshops, but I need not have worried , the results are brilliant with the fronts now an exact match for the factory rears , so anyone in Ireland needing a little privacy ' while out driving give Richard a call at Pentagon Dublin .I will post some photos soon .
Gerard

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ONED said:
Why the need for Privacy Gerard????

:p
Barry
With me being a ' legend in my own mind ' it is necessary to conceal oneself from 'ordinary people ' , just imagine the problems I as one of the organizers of the Best Mini Run in the universe would face if the public knew who was behind that dark glass , fame ,iconic status , bodyguards , etc <---------------------- He wakes up ----------- real story I ordered car with Darkened glass and thought it looked odd with just rears done so just got fronts matched .
Gerard

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having mine done tomorrow. Right now there is just a minimal tinting on the windows and when the sun is low in the sky it can get pretty hot as it shines through the glass. I would like deal with Richard at Pentagon Dublin but it would a bit of a drive and I'm not sure they have a bridge from here to there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.