MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my MCSC (late 2006) when I put the roof up - usually all the windows are fully raised by the time the process is finished - BUT sometimes the back windows - (either BOTH or one of the 2) are left fully DOWN! I'm not sure if it varies as to whether or not the engine is running when I raise the roof - but it seems a bit odd!

Anyone else find this? Does it need to be looked at?

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
On my MCSC (late 2006) when I put the roof up - usually all the windows are fully raised by the time the process is finished - BUT sometimes the back windows - (either BOTH or one of the 2) are left fully DOWN! I'm not sure if it varies as to whether or not the engine is running when I raise the roof - but it seems a bit odd!

Anyone else find this? Does it need to be looked at?
Hmm, not heard of this one for a while! It did happen from time to time with mine (July 2004) when new, but then magically cured itself, and never been a problem since. I actually put stickers on both rear windowns so I could see at a glance whether they were closed or not - it was a real shock to come back to the car in a car park to find the passenger side window all the way down - at first I thought it had been broken into!

Hopefully someone on here will have an answer for you - or maybe a simple trip to dealer to upgrade the software?

Ian

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the dealer and the service dept. said they don't know about any software upgrade but i could bring it in - although if it doesn't happen when they test it - they can't do much

Anyone else remedied this thing with the windows? IS there an easy fix from MINI service??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi

I had this on my last Cooper Convertible (Feb 06 build)... They did numerous software upgrades and never got to the bottom of it! I have a Jan 08 build now and fingers crossed dont seem to have that problem!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
binchybabes
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing