MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I don't know how it happened but a 4 inch crack has appeared at the top of the windscreen...........any ideas on cost of replacement??

PS Is there a discussion area for non-mini topics??

·
Registered
79 Posts
is yr car a mini-im confused.

Anyway the cost of a mini windscreen is about £350. I got a small stone chp in mine and got a quote for getting mine done and go that, so i left it, yours may be more serious though. You can get it done on yr insurance company and they dont class it as a claim.

the reason its so expensive is cos it curves round at the edge.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Yep - it's a Cooper S.

If it doesn't count as a claim, is it a total no-brainer to claim then???

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Hello,Even though it does'nt count as a claim on your insurance you will still have to generally pay a windscreen excess which is between £50 and £60.:(still its alot cheaper than buying a new windscreen out of your own pocket.:)

·
Registered
510 Posts
silver_mini said:
I got a small stone chp in mine and got a quote for getting mine done and go that, so i left it, yours may be more serious though. You can get it done on yr insurance company and they dont class it as a claim.
You can also claim on your insurance to get a chip repaired... and there's usually no excess for that either.

I recently had mine repaired. Best to get it done or it could develop into a crack!!

Richard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah sorry i didnt make that clear, you have to pay the excess and yr insurers pay the rest.
I havent got round top getting mine done, i commute from peterborough to london every day so the beauty that is my mini is parked in the station carpark every day :(
therefore i dont have time to get it done as i leave home at 5 and return at 7. and windscreen repairers dont seem to work at weekends!!! how rude!! ha ha. :p

Good luck getting yours done.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Do a search in the Faults and Fixes forum on here. Cracking windscreens used to be a problem with MINI's in the early days. It's usually replaced under warranty. Check with your dealer. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
SoggyCornFlakes
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing