MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I don't know how it happened but a 4 inch crack has appeared at the top of the windscreen...........any ideas on cost of replacement??

PS Is there a discussion area for non-mini topics??

·
Registered
79 Posts
is yr car a mini-im confused.

Anyway the cost of a mini windscreen is about £350. I got a small stone chp in mine and got a quote for getting mine done and go that, so i left it, yours may be more serious though. You can get it done on yr insurance company and they dont class it as a claim.

the reason its so expensive is cos it curves round at the edge.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Yep - it's a Cooper S.

If it doesn't count as a claim, is it a total no-brainer to claim then???

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Hello,Even though it does'nt count as a claim on your insurance you will still have to generally pay a windscreen excess which is between £50 and £60.:(still its alot cheaper than buying a new windscreen out of your own pocket.:)

·
Registered
510 Posts
silver_mini said:
I got a small stone chp in mine and got a quote for getting mine done and go that, so i left it, yours may be more serious though. You can get it done on yr insurance company and they dont class it as a claim.
You can also claim on your insurance to get a chip repaired... and there's usually no excess for that either.

I recently had mine repaired. Best to get it done or it could develop into a crack!!

Richard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah sorry i didnt make that clear, you have to pay the excess and yr insurers pay the rest.
I havent got round top getting mine done, i commute from peterborough to london every day so the beauty that is my mini is parked in the station carpark every day :(
therefore i dont have time to get it done as i leave home at 5 and return at 7. and windscreen repairers dont seem to work at weekends!!! how rude!! ha ha. :p

Good luck getting yours done.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Do a search in the Faults and Fixes forum on here. Cracking windscreens used to be a problem with MINI's in the early days. It's usually replaced under warranty. Check with your dealer. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts