MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

We have a 2004 Mini Cooper and have owned it for over 6 years

Just recently we’ve noticed that the windscreen fogs up a lot inside and the blowers don’t clear it unless we stick the aircon on

In the past the blowers have always cleared the screen within seconds and it’s pretty annoying in the cold weather to have to keep blasting ice cold aircon at the windscreen every few minutes

What could be causing the problem do you think?

Many thanks
Jase

· Registered
223 Posts
Probably happening now as the temps are colder outside these mornings?
You can have the air con on warm to clear the screen, it doesn't have to be blowing cold
I notice my drivers door glass in the mirror corner keeps misting up, might try some fogX to see if it helps

· TGMoCatKU
2019 MINI Cooper JCW convertible manual transmission
90 Posts
Hi folks

We have a 2004 Mini Cooper and have owned it for over 6 years

Just recently we’ve noticed that the windscreen fogs up a lot inside and the blowers don’t clear it unless we stick the aircon on

In the past the blowers have always cleared the screen within seconds and it’s pretty annoying in the cold weather to have to keep blasting ice cold aircon at the windscreen every few minutes

What could be causing the problem do you think?

Many thanks
Jase
If you live in a high humidity area, run the air conditioner. More expensive, sophisticated auto heating/cooling systems do this automatically. For your year, and mine, this is a manual choice. Further this defogs the side windows too, which the defroster does not do.

· Registered
13,570 Posts
would stick a new pollen filter in it, failing that turn the bath taps off lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.