MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had my windscreen replaced today due to a crack. The bloke who did it asked if I'd had anything done to the car, as the clips under one of the bits of side trim, that runs down the side of the windscreen, were all broken already and some screws were missing. I bought the car about 18 months ago as an ex-demo, could it just be that it has had the screen replaced before I got it? (it had a genuine mini screen), or is this a sign of something more sinister?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi

The screws are very difficult to see and I reckon the windscreen may have been changed before by a brute who just pulled the trim off without looking 1st.

I had my screen changed around 2months ago, 2weeks later at 80mph, I heard a noise (crack -bang) from passenger side, I actually thought something had flown off the Maserati in front. Genuinely worried about the damage I was about to view, I pulled off the motorway and into the nearest lay by, only to find that the trim was missing, anyway a quick call to National and they fixed a new trim within 24hrs.

I'm sure that the ham fisted technician pulled off the first trim breaking the screw mounts - before realising and doing the driver side one correctly as there are additional clips there I'm sure he just pushed broken one back into place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts