MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My January '03 build One has developed a fault with its windscreen wipers.

I push the stalk upwards one click to its first position and I get intermittent. No problems there. Then I push it up to the second position, where I should get the normal speed. Instead, I get one "wipe" of the screen, then nothing, and that's it. The third and final click, where I should get the fast speed, produces the normal speed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I ran a quick search and read of others experiencing their windscreen wipers not working at all, but nothing like this!

Many thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dont take this as a stupid comment but does this happen when you at a standstill? I omnly ask cos i didnt realise til a while ago that the car senses your speed and slows down the wipers accordingly even without the visibility pack. So at a standstill, click 2 becomes intermittent, and 3 becomes normal. Does sound like theres more wrong though having reread your post so ignore me...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HObzy said:
Dont take this as a stupid comment but does this happen when you at a standstill? I omnly ask cos i didnt realise til a while ago that the car senses your speed and slows down the wipers accordingly even without the visibility pack. So at a standstill, click 2 becomes intermittent, and 3 becomes normal. Does sound like theres more wrong though having reread your post so ignore me...
Well, I first noticed it on the motorway so it was travelling at, erm, 70mph ;)

When I tried it again the other day, I was going slowly. I guess I'll have to try it again when I'm next on the motorway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.