MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a number of company MINIs at work and one of them has developed a strange issue. While the ignition/engine is on the front windscreen wipers won't turn off. The wiper stalk has no effect on the speed of the wipers and you cannot even use the screenwash. :eek:

The possessed car is an 08 plate R56 MINI One. It will get booked in at the dealers but I just wondered if there was a quick fix we might be missing? :confused:

Thanks. :)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
The possessed car is an 08 plate R56 MINI One. It will get booked in at the dealers but I just wondered if there was a quick fix we might be missing? :confused:
Have you tried ripping the wiper arms off and throwing them in the boot?

(Sorry, couldn't resist :eek: :p )

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
This is a serious thread. :)
Serious answer...

Have you tried pulling the fuse for the wipers to see if it resets them?

(A total guess from a complete techy stuff novice, but it might work along the same lines as the 'turn it off and then on again' approach)

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Serious answer...

Have you tried pulling the fuse for the wipers to see if it resets them?

(A total guess from a complete techy stuff novice, but it might work along the same lines as the 'turn it off and then on again' approach)
Actually we have. One of the guys at work removed both wiper fuses in the inner cabin fuse box. The wipers continued to work continuously. :confused:

Unless the ones we need are under the bonnet? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts