MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NansZipper
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I use my wipers for about an hour,they stop working and the arms stop in the
vertical position? When this happens,the washer will still spray on the windshield and
the rear wiper will still work. When the car sits overnight,they will start working again.
I'm thinking it's the wiper motor,but not sure.Anybody else have this problem????

·
Registered
1 Posts
had the wipers stop - dead vertical at 9:15 at night during a rain storm on an interstate over the weekend. Thank goodness for RainX!

Mini said the wiper motor had an internal short.

·
NansZipper
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wipers stop working

That is exactly what happenned!!!! I was behind a truck on the interstate in a heavy
rain storm,and they just stopped dead in the vertical position!!! I was lucky there was
a service station nearby where I purchased Rain X. Did you try a wiper motor to fix
your problem??

·
Registered
1 Posts
RainX

gleicht said:
...Thank goodness for RainX!

Mini said the wiper motor had an internal short.
I have the same problem, but I don't see how RainX is a replacement for functioning windshield wipers? So the motor needs to be replaced? What do I do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had/have this problem also as described in my topic "windshield wiper failure".

The dealer found a "wiper code" on the diagnostics. Replaced two relays and did "a reset". Notes on service invoice say that if problem re-occurs will need new motor.

I have not built any confidence in the fix yet. I'm convinced the wiper system is acting "funny". After activating the washers the wipers continue "forever". Maybe 6 additional full wipes back and forth. Seems much more than before. A single "flick wipe" command often results in two wipes not one.

Being fairly convinced I'm headed for another failure I have treated my screen with rain-ex as recommended just in-case. Its not a fix but it could help prevent an accident if they go again in heavy rain at freeway speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts