MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it with people giving away MINI's these days? Everywhere I turn I see people giving them away! Honest!

Liverpool Football Club
Staples Office Store
A web hosting company who sent me an email
A raffle at work

Anybody else noticed this or seen any more places that are giving away the car I have to work hard for! :D :D

Maggie444 :red:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe you're right... I won mine!

I used to have a pug 306 1.8 which was great, didn't think I'd find a more fun car, but then I won my mini one and got addicted... HB Cooper S is on order and arriving next month! Only need to find some people to buy my "old" mini and the peugeot now!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
There was that competition thingy on the back of Weetabix that time too :eek:

Veronica

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gezmedinger said:
Maybe you're right... I won mine!
So, how did it feel to win a MINI??

I know I was estatic when i bought mine, so to win a Cooper would be the best!

Im glad to see other people have spotted there are so many MINI's up for grabs :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Felt pretty damn good...! That was until I had to smash it up....

It was on Distraction on channel 4 about 3 months ago - once you've won the prize you have another 5 questions to get right... and for each one you get wrong something terrible happens to the car.
Unfortunately I only got two right...

So it was goodbye to the headlights, graffiti on the side, and the coup de grace... paint bomb on the inside. STILL haven't quite got that sorted yet, but I'm almost there!
Can't complain though, if i'd never won it, I'd never have liked it so much and never would have ordered myself a Cooper S!

So if there's anyone out there who fancies a back to pristine health (well it will be next week) 04 Reg MINI One with only 900 miles on the clock, let me know! A bargain at £10,250!

·
Ride The Dragon!
304 Posts
Good lord!! What an evil game!! :eek:

It's gotta hurt seeing a car you just won being smashed up!

-Paul!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard about that distraction game, but never did actually see the show. Wasnt the paint bomb bright pink paint? Congrats that you won a MINI, just a shame it wasnt in pristine condition when you got it! I bet the dealer thought you were joking when you asked them to clean up a car that had a paint bomb go off on the inside? :D

Anyone else seen any MINI's up for grabs?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah... the paint bomb was bright pink.. a nice complement to the yellow of the car!
I'm leaving a tiny bit on the roof aerial (which was on the dashboard at the time) as a memento!
Have a look at my profile for a little pic of what the car was like after I brought it home... (although I'd already got some of the paint of the windscreen at that point!

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
I saw the episode of distraction and cringed when the mini was being smashed up, took a picture with my phone, didnt come out though as it was at night and quite a distance away. I also knew more of the answers and was shouting them out !

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Have to agree - with you ive seen them up for grabs in various places the most recent one that springs to mind is the front of AutoTrader.

My mother won a Mini - but that was back in the 60's - a Mini Countryman red with all wooden paneling on the outside - it was with Cadburys - there was a slogan and she had to guess or work out how many Cadburys Mini rolls you could get in a Mini Countryman.
Well she got it right - keep meaning to ask her where the pics are :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
No, there were no pigs involved... but I had to attach clothes pegs to my face (painful), got electrocuted (painful but fun) and then had to drink my own :bad::bad::bad::bad: (neither painful or fun).
Still I'd do it all again for a free MINI!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
gezmedinger
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing