MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there any aftermarket solution to the ludicrous situation with the wireless charger being too small for most new iPhone models?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I specced this (I think the technical name is an induction charger) on my car and between ordering the car and it being delivered I got an IPhone 8 Plus - car was delivered and the slider on the induction pad is about 2mm too short to accommodation the new phone. My only get around for this expensive and useless piece of kit is to revert to the old fashioned white cable from Apple and plug it into one of the USB sockets.
I recently bought a new IPad Pro 11” and find now I have to buy another load of cables and connectors as Apple has changed from the Lightenng connector to USB C connections......... Worse the cable that comes with the tablet has a USB C connector on each end - so had to go and find a new cable with USB A on one end and a USB C on the other because none of the USB C connection cables I already have were not compatible with the iPad........ no data or charge was transferred down the old ones.... grrrrrr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
wendal
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing