MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've done a search through the forum but can't find anything that goes into detail. Has anyone put an amp in their MINI yet? If so, where did you send the power cable?

I spent a while last night looking for places but there must be a route that's easier than the ones I've come up with (sending through gaps in panels such as between wing and door)...

Basically I'm trying to get something in the range of 2 or 4 gauge from the battery to the boot without drilling holes. Is this possible, or will I have to bite the bullet and attack my beloved MINI with a powertool?

I can manage it once the lead is in the car, but getting it inside is proving tricky. I've been looking for grommets in the dash but have so far not been able to find any...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Dom

·
Registered
208 Posts
amped up mini

dom,

my power wire which is 4 gauge runs down the left hand side of the car, basically i had to remove the battery to get my wire up into the engine bay, there is little space as u know but to get the wire through the whole assembly of passenger foot well had to come out and carpet and deadening, etc, its not an easy job but it can be done, i spose saying that my car was in bits for two days while the alarm and stereo were installed,

remember to keep rca's away from power,

Tom

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, something told me a lot of work was gonna be involved! Is there a grommet in the passenger footwell then (I take it this is where your wire comes through), if not, how did you get it into the engine bay. I haven't removed the battery yet so that may reveal more.

Cheers,

Dom

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any progress?

Has anyone found a simple route for an Amp power cable from the engine bay to the cabin?

Looks tricky to me.:confused:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Any progress?

Silverstone said:
Has anyone found a simple route for an Amp power cable from the engine bay to the cabin?

Looks tricky to me.:confused:
I've PM'd you with a few suggestions about this, I'll post a full description once I've finished it. Unless, of course, you finish it first ;)

Dom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts