MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Had some black bonnet stripes fitted to the S by my dealer last Monday but unfortunately they haven't been spaced correctly ie there is about half centremetre
difference from the edge of the bonnet scoop so look offset when viewed head on. I'm having them replaced a week on Monday. Has anyone had their stripes removed and how are they removed as they are stuck down good and proper. Just a little concerned about scratching etc.

Thanks,

·
Loud and Proud
239 Posts
They'll come off fine when heated up - the glue softens when it's warm so they can be peeled off and any excess glue on the bonnet can be wiped off.

And don't worry - the engine won't heat your bonnet enough to cause your stripes to fly off while driving!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take a good look

I just picked up my new MINI yesterday. Since it arrived at the dealer with white stripes and I had ordered black, they had to take the white stripes off and replace them with black ones. I didn't see any paint scratches, etc, although one of the stripes wasn't smoothed down properly, or maybe the glue wasn't wiped off properly (or something) and so it looks almost ridged in a certain light, at a certain angle. Maybe I'll post a pic later. I'll have to get that fixed, which will be a pain : (

My point is, be careful, and really look things over before you take the car home. Make sure the placement is correct, no bubbles, no loose or ridged edges, etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vicki-marie said:
I just picked up my new MINI yesterday. Since it arrived at the dealer with white stripes and I had ordered black, they had to take the white stripes off and replace them with black ones. I didn't see any paint scratches, etc, although one of the stripes wasn't smoothed down properly, or maybe the glue wasn't wiped off properly (or something) and so it looks almost ridged in a certain light, at a certain angle. Maybe I'll post a pic later. I'll have to get that fixed, which will be a pain : (

My point is, be careful, and really look things over before you take the car home. Make sure the placement is correct, no bubbles, no loose or ridged edges, etc. Good luck!
Hi vicki-marie

Cheers for that, sorry to hear about your stripes. My dealer put them on fine just they didnt get them equidistant from the edge of the bonnet scoop so they look offset. Hope they get it right when I have them re-done a week on Monday. Good luck with yours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.