MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way to work and my belt broke my 2011 mini cooper base model started to overheat and so I parked it and replaced the belt then I replaced the alternator and the starter the battery is new but car won't start and my windows won't roll down or my turn signals don't work I get power just no start I checked the fuses and they all looked good I just can't get find what's wrong any ideas

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Was on my way to work and my belt broke my 2011 mini cooper base model started to overheat and so I parked it and replaced the belt then I replaced the alternator and the starter the battery is new but car won't start and my windows won't roll down or my turn signals don't work I get power just no start I checked the fuses and they all looked good I just can't get find what's wrong any ideas
need to check the battery terminals are all tight, sounds like you have no power going to the bcm and dash etc,, under the bonnet fuse box in engine bay there is a number of very large fuses might have blown one or to when alternator went faulty perhaps, would expect your issues to be around this point somewhere,,, also worth having can scanned for fault codes see what comes up and work off that,, might find a JBE or bcm or one of the other controllers *** up as a fault maybe,, one of them faults that so much can effect it and its the game of pin pointing it ,,, ie find where do have 12.8volts and then workout where that ends

1 - 2 of 2 Posts