MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking to buy a 2007 Mini Sidewalk Convertible but I have a question about the roof.

The roof seems to work OK, one press goes to the first part open position, second press/hold of the button roof goes all the way down and locks in potions. All seem OK but the red roof light keeps flashing

When down the roof does seem to be locked off OK - I tried to pull/lift it up and it wasn't going anywhere! The only thing that didn't seem entirely right to me was that the folding arms of the roof don't seem to go all the was down at the front to the lowest point, there still seems to be about a quarter of an inch. When the roof locks off it looks like some catches lock into positions and it may be that if these arms were lower there would be something for them to lock on to?

Roof goes back up OK and when closed and locked off the light is no longer lit

I did some searching through this forum but couldn't seem to find anyone else reporting the same problem so I am at a bit of a loss

I'm really interested in the car as it ticks all the boxes but I'm worried that this could be an indicator of future problems with the roof

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

I'm hoping that it will be something simple/cheap to resolve but I can use it to get some money off the asking price

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I am looking to buy a 2007 Mini Sidewalk Convertible but I have a question about the roof.

The roof seems to work OK, one press goes to the first part open position, second press/hold of the button roof goes all the way down and locks in potions. All seem OK but the red roof light keeps flashing

When down the roof does seem to be locked off OK - I tried to pull/lift it up and it wasn't going anywhere! The only thing that didn't seem entirely right to me was that the folding arms of the roof don't seem to go all the was down at the front to the lowest point, there still seems to be about a quarter of an inch. When the roof locks off it looks like some catches lock into positions and it may be that if these arms were lower there would be something for them to lock on to?

Roof goes back up OK and when closed and locked off the light is no longer lit

I did some searching through this forum but couldn't seem to find anyone else reporting the same problem so I am at a bit of a loss

I'm really interested in the car as it ticks all the boxes but I'm worried that this could be an indicator of future problems with the roof

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

I'm hoping that it will be something simple/cheap to resolve but I can use it to get some money off the asking price
I bought a 2007 Mini Cooper S Conv with the same problem the roof goes down and locks in place but the light on the button flashes red! I will see about getting this looked at! It's a mystery. The dealer said it might be a sensor. I also have an issue with turn signal lights flashing when driving but nothing shows its on in the dashboard. The dealer also said its the bulb, it's not a german bulb and has to be replaced with a german bulb. This is really alot but I'm up for the challenge! Otherwise its a solid car and fun to drive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts