MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to John Cooper's at the weekend and had a drive in a Works Cooper.

I was told that the warranty is not invalidated at all and neither is your TLC package.

You can't get TLC if you buy one straight from John Cooper Works, but if you already have the car and get it converted there is no problem.

Hope this clears things up....

P.S. Works kicks ass :D :D :D :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Cool...I am jealous now:p

Monsta, did you just turn up or did you phone and book?

Where most did you notice the difference in torque?

Is the exhaust as throaty as others have said?

Do you think it is worth £2,500?

Sorry for the inquisition:)

Cheers

LMB :D

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in Brighton anyway, so I just went down there to have a look..

I just asked if they could tell me a bit about it and the bloke said that if I left my keys with him, I could have a go in his.. So off I went, on my own!

As far as the car is concerned it didn't feel exceptionally fast but you could definitely feel the increase in torque at lower revs, the exhaust was pretty loud and the open air filter was quite noisy. It reminded me of driving an old mini really, very 'chuckable' and plenty of 'point and squirt' acceleration to go with it.

But is it worth it? Well, lets put it this way.. If I wasn't paying my car off over 5 years I would put my name down straight away! But the bottom line is I can't afford it at the moment. :(

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
was it the Silver/Black Works car you drove:confused:
You know, the car that has been in more or less every motoring mag :confused:
Did JCW saw you can buy the exhaust & filter on there own:confused:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope it was a Red Cooper with chilli pack. The silver one is in the showroom.

It was a pre-production model I drove judging by the chrome door handles.

You can't buy the filter and exhaust individually I'm afraid. However, the air filter is made by pipercross and I'm sure playmini will be making a stainless exhaust within the next few months so you're almost there... :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
hmmm

A friend of mine was waving the JCW catalogue under my nose the other night and the price list seems to quote individual parts like the air filter and the exhaust... but you said that they weren't available outside the package????

Would they really be that silly as I'm sure we would all go and buy new air filters at £50 a throw. How many people are going to shell out £2500 +VAT +Fitting +courtesy car +everything else for some more torque!!!!!

just thinking....

·
Registered
272 Posts
hihi so can anyone tell me how much the engine mods will cost without the exterior body kit? i was thinking about it and can anyone tell me what they got to do with the insurance companies?

thx

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are the only things listed:

132bhp Works Conversion £2408.75 (inc fitting at JCW)
Cone Open Air Filter Kit £175.97 (exc. fitting)
Uprated brake pads £170.79 (exc. fitting)
Suspension Upgrade Kit £700.01 (exc. fitting)

·
Registered
309 Posts
r u sure

I think you are missing a few things, like there was an uprated clutch and some other bits and bobs. They where listed under the racing cooper stuff...

who knows??!!?? I just would have thought they would want to cash in on it and not be all exclusive to those who want to part with £2500...

Anyway, just got the new Ericsson t68 and will have it on a car kit asap...it suits the dash board down to a T and you can upload digital photos to the screen, a piccie of the car for example. Will post a picture as soon as...:p

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There were a few other things buy nothing to do with the main works package, it was all for the club sport racing upgrades.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: hmmm

jamiesim said:
Would they really be that silly as I'm sure we would all go and buy new air filters at £50 a throw. How many people are going to shell out £2500 +VAT +Fitting +courtesy car +everything else for some more torque!!!!!
jamiesim,

I totally agree with you:)

As tempted as I am, there is no way I am forking out £2,500 for a works conversion, not on my cooper anyhow. On the other hand if I were able to buy the exhaust on its own I would buy it like a shot, and I am not alone.

You are better off saving your money and buying a Cooper S; I know I will be:p

LMB :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I contacted coopers and its all or nothing.
BUT Watch this space there is something in the pipeline
Tell you soon:D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
zoooooom said:
I contacted coopers and its all or nothing.
BUT Watch this space there is something in the pipeline
Tell you soon:D
You can't do that:)

Tell us now:p

LMB:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts