MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has JCW given any indication on the 0-60 time of the Works Cooper S. I guess it will be similar to the CTR but unlike the CTR it will look nice , have INSPIRATIONAL handling and have the gear stick in the right place.
Has anyone read the new edition of EVO, CTR gets a second chance and blows it again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I suppose I shouldn't slag off something i've never tried.
All the testers in EVO said it was ergonomicaly sound so i geuss it probably is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is definitely merit to the fact that different is sometimes hard to accept right away - but think about the ergonomics of having the shifter closer to the wheel when driving, um, quickly! :D

A good example is the shifters in WRC rally cars!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sat in the New Civic at the LA Auto Show, what a load of crap that car is! The build quality is very low, the shift lever is in the wrong place and feels completely out of wack when you try and row through the gears. The thing is UGLY and has no personality at all, so basically it is a perfect Honda.

·
Registered
113 Posts
More on Si

At least you got to sit in one. The Civic Si they had at Detroit was locked!! :-( Still on the fence between Civic and Cooper S. Money and or waiting may keep me out of the Cooper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been in the new Type R, and everything is to hand, you don't have to move far to get to the important things.

Are you really selling the M3 for the S?

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey Nmaino I sat in the Civic in Orlando Fl and frankly i have to be biased since I have owned a Civic for * yrs I like it but I want to move up to BMW mini, the shifter was different but also liked it Sorry about this guys but i am honest!!:cool:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LostBoyScout said:
The dash mounted stick shift is much better than a console mounted shifter, sorry.

Doesn't mean I don't prefer the Mini by a long shot though!
Yes, my partner much prefers the dash mounted stick.......very attracted to it in fact. Didn't like the rest of the car.....just that shifter.

Maybe she's just a bit odd.

:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Another CTR Thread...............

A CTR thread, with a Cooper Works title........very cool, and very different....

excellent work.......

ha ha ha..........

:D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts