MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some of you know I will be buying a MCS in Jan 05 (second hand), the reason being is purely financail as I need to secure a nice bonus and equity rise at work ;) - I am confident this will happen, if not I will be moving elsewhere.

Anyway, I am lucky enough to know the parts advisor at a local BMW dealership (work mates brother) and he told me today while I was in there that he will be able to sort me out with a Works kit (excluding the seats because I dont need them and the GF would hate it), at COST price!!! - not sure how how much that will be, but would be awesome!

So works upgrade owners, is it worth me investing that extra money, what difference on MPG is there and how do the insurance companies cope???

- your views would be great!

David :blblack:

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's a ton of JCW info on this site. I can't imagine a Works question that hasn't been asked and answered expertly by those far better informed than myself. As a starter regarding your 2 questions, check out the 2 links below. They should give you something to think about. The first is mainly general upgrade chat (based on the previous 200 bhp upgrade) but there's quite a bit on economy if that's important for you.

Thread Link: JCW Upgrade - Fuel Economy?

Thread link: JCW Insurance

I pick up my Works on Saturday and can't wait. :D

In the meantime, get searching and get reading.

Fraz

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
mate if you can get it at cost go for it, hell even if you cant get it at cost i would recommend buying a kit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wondefull, thanks for the links, I will get swatting!

I think it really would add value to the car, but the MPG and Insurance concerns me, which is why I am off to read.

Most helpfull, thanks.

David :blblack:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts