MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Please can anyone who has had a works kit put on their cars, advise me how it will affect my warranty.

I have been told by the dealership that if JCG put my kit on and anything goes wrong with it, they won't fix it under the bmw warranty. Is this correct? I don't want to travel the 600miles round trip if something goes wrong? The dealership want the business so are they telling me porkies?

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi we had works kit put on at JCs our dealer and JCs confirmed that it doesnt affect the BMW warranty if you get either to fit it,£300 cheaper for us at JCs plus the fun of driving back :D :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dinnerlady said:
Hi we had works kit put on at JCs our dealer and JCs confirmed that it doesnt affect the BMW warranty if you get either to fit it,£300 cheaper for us at JCs plus the fun of driving back :D :D
My dealer is telling porkies then. I will contact Mini too I think.

Also JCG are more expensive than my dealership. I was always told that JCG were cheaper. The drive back attracts me no end but think hub will get that drive!!!!! I guess you should take it easy on the first trip out or not????

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
The JCW is FULLY warrantied by BMW / MINI, no matter which dealer fits it - incidentally, JCW should be well able to fit the kit that they themselves have developed - whether or not you get your dealer to fit it, you should read them the riot act for telling you blatant lies.............;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like i said, the told me that if JCG fitted it and it needed attention then I could not get it seen to for free at the dealership as they didnt fit it. How absurb!!! what if i moved to Scotland? would that I mean I'd have to drive to JCG............no I dont think so either. I will let you know what Mini tell me. The warranty should cover the kit wherever it is fitted.

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
it still amazes me some of the stuff the dealers come out with :rolleyes:

of course it won't affect your warranty, 90% of us on Mini2 know 100% more about mini's than the dealers do IMO :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will get my facts straight and even ask Mini to put it in writing so I can show the dealership. I wonder if a man would have had the same crap thrown at them. I know i'm female but I'm not stupid and naive. My kit will be fitted at JCG, that I am sure of. Thanks guys all your help is very useful.

Generally the dealership has been good with me so I can't say I am 100% unhappy but this incident has left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
JCG did my car last weekend (JCW210, spotlights and suspension). First class service. Really helpful staff - ask for Robert Jones. There are NO warranty issues; just a fantastic drive with peace of mind. Oh yes, and a huge bill, :eek: before all the BBR types throw stones at me.

Have fun :cool:

Fraz

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
I'm getting the JCW kit fitted by JCG rather than my dealer, as

1. its cheaper! i think £400 in my case

2. i've heard stories of dealers not fitting the kit 100% correctly

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
andeh said:
I'm getting the JCW kit fitted by JCG rather than my dealer, as

1. its cheaper! i think £400 in my case

2. i've heard stories of dealers not fitting the kit 100% correctly
In my case the dealer was cheaper by £80!!! strange that.

Can you PM me and let me know how much JC quoted you for a straight conversion . I presume its the same if you have a Cooper or Cooper S????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts