MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D
Just went to trade in my Cooper S tin top 5 months early this afternoon. Got a good price for it, so will be driving a VW Polo for the next 4 1/2 months.

Anyway, the sales man (Paul Doyle at Fawdington Mini in Newcastle) gave me a lift home in the gaffers Cooper S Cab. It has just come out of the garage this afternoon after having had the 210bhp works upgrade fitted to it. So I thought I would share the experience with you all. What can I say, but it goes like stink! Even though it was rush hour traffic we did manage to open it up a bit. The pull in any gear is astronomical - especially in 3rd and 4th. The sound of the exhaust, on the standard S is fantastic, it's even sweeter. The guy in the next lane on the A1 driving the civic type R did not stand a chance, he was suitably put in his place

At £3500 fitted it is a bargain in my opinion. If only my finances could stretch that far!!!

For all of those that have thought about it, just try it and you will be hooked!

May I say a big thanks to Paul of Fawdington Mini. If you live in the N/E then try out Fawdington, the service is the best I have experienced, and I have used a few Mini garages over the last 3 years

Attachments

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
i see that car all the time around newcastle. probably only be seein the back of it now if its pushin 210bhp!!

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Hi Cooper_S_Cab

Had my MCSC works completed nearly a month ago and agree with all your comments, it is the best fun I have ever had with my clothes on. I live in a country village and believe me nothing, and I mean nothing can catch me on the country lanes. Handles and accelerates like a dream. Alot of money I know but for a very well soeced car with the works for £25,000 can't think of much else that compares.
My mate nextdoor has an M3 CSL and has just ordered an MCSC Works !!

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
Hi Madison

You are quite right in a staight line the M3 would leave it for dead, but round the bendy bits I think it could be a much closer contest. Have to see if my neigbour is up for it !!

·
Registered
437 Posts
miniboyblue said:
Hi Madison

You are quite right in a staight line the M3 would leave it for dead, but round the bendy bits I think it could be a much closer contest. Have to see if my neigbour is up for it !!
I dunno...my friend has a M3 convertible, I would say it easily handles and corners as well as the Mini.

Maybe if you learn how to do some heal-to-toe shifting you might get him...(trying to learn that myself, but I don't think I'm coordinated enough) :(

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
The M3 is excellent in the corners, but you can drive the MINI quicker in narrow/bendy sections of road. The M3's electronics pay a big part in it's nimbleness, where as the MINI feels more naturally stuck down. Obviously my MCSC is no match for my M3 Conv though. Very different cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts