MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Thanks. Watching it now. :D

Close call with the practicallity test!! :eek: Good on them for keeping it in because that's not the point of a MINI after all! :D

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
The Type R will kicks the Works butt in value for money. Just over £16k for all of that performance is astonishing. Still not as good as a drive as a MINI though ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Men & Motors - Car File - Cooper S Works Vs Other Hot Hatches

As an ex-Cooper S driver and now a Civic Type-R driver, I am interested in your thoughts!!!

·
The Mini Family Sponsers
1,607 Posts
Performance & handling 9-8 in the CTR's favour! I dont think so...
Value for money again in the CTR's favour! and again I dont think so..
You having had both cars so you should know more than most so what's your findings?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thats an interesting question.

To be honest (and I have said the same on the Civic Type-r site) I think that the Mini is the better car to drive but the Civic is the better car to own!!!

I had the Mini for 21 months and to be honest the squeaks and rattles got to me in the end.

I'm not sure that the Honda doesn't handle as well as the Mini, its just that it doesn't tell you that it handles as well as the Mini...it's the usual steering problem, lack of any form of feedback.

It does make an extremely practical running proposition though. I do like it.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Martin L said:
The Type R will kicks the Works butt in value for money. Just over £16k for all of that performance is astonishing. Still not as good as a drive as a MINI though ;)
It may be cheaper to buy but it'll be worth a lot less in 3 years time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
Martin L
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing