MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Whats the Would a 2004 works be like with 50,000 miles under its belt!?? Would it rattle or feel like itas had a hard life or would it be as the day you bought it?? Does mileage affect these cars much?? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
it could have picked up a few rattles ive had 2 minis and they picked up a few rattles by about 10,000 miles lol most rattles can be sorted quite easily if you can locate them so i wouldnt worry about it too much it should still drive perfectly

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
Mine is over 50K and runs without rattles (now that Ive fixed the boot lid rattle). Engine is no different from when i bought it... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. What sort of mileages does the car take before you have to start replacing bushes and ball joints and other components i.e clutch etc??

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
the answers to all your questions depend on the driver, and how the car has been driven.

before you buy try to find out some info on previous owners, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree, it all depends how its been driven, but if its any help my 04 JCW spent the first 40k of its life being driven by my brother in law who can be a bit of a tool when it comes to driving, so it had a far from gentle life, and now at 75k its still as sweet as a nut (except from a slightly rattly supercharger, but i guess at this mileage thats forgivable) :nice:

·
2004 MCS Owner
70 Posts
these cars are german build quality and built alongside bmw's that drive forever, i dont see the problem with a high mileage mini as long as there looked after but thats the same for any car. Go for it mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts