MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No reward is worth this!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my question is simple...apart from the obvious signs of leaked hydraulic fluid what are the other symptoms of a worn/leaked engine mount? I "think" my right engine mount was changed a few months ago (around the time the warranty ran out) but I'm sure there is now even more dried hydraulic fluid around the mount. Could it be that the second one has gone already? Maybe the original was never changed in the first place. Either way, would I be able to hear or feel something? If it has gone would I be able to rock the engine by hand? I've tried rocking it and there is no movement at all :). There is also no obvious abnormal noise, knocking or vibration, either on startup or accel/deccel :confused:. I'm tempted to get Sytner :aargh: to look at it but no doubt they will take one look at the dried fluid and then say "yeah mate, it's fecked"...grrrrr :frown:. Thanks for your help!

·
Mini spanker
106 Posts
I think you would normally feel a lot of lurching and possibly some knocking if it had gone. Post a photo up so that we can have a look; there is some dried wax on the sills that might look like it but a photo will sort that out.

Cheers

·
No reward is worth this!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments! Pictures attached. Just so we're all clear.....im fully aware there has been a leak at some point and I was told the engine mount was going to be changed. What I'm unsure about is whether the new engine mount has gone as well, if indeed the garage did fit a new one and didn't just sit there reading the paper instead :angry:. I don't recall (but i could easily be wrong) there being as much fluid there before which is why I'm thinking either it wasn't changed in the first place or if it was, then the new one might have gone too? Maybe I'll clean that stuff up so if any new fluid evidence appears I can spot it straight away.:) Also, is that stuff corrosive?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts