MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or has anyone else found this? Now we have all got over the clod knob syndrome, i'm finding my knob getting worn due to over use. I have tried to change my grip (not grasping it as tight) but found I didnt have as much control on my knob.

If you know how i can restore my knob back to a full shine let me know. Would Mr Muscle work on my Knob? Perhaps Pledge summer fresh.

Who knows

Mark

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you dont know how to polish your knob by now you must have had a very strict childhood. :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
normalizer said:
Not sure I understand the problem you are having, perhaps some pics would be in order.
Looks like you've pulled Mark..;) Take a look at his avatar pic though (full leather or what!..:):))

Seriously though, I've found that the knob I handle everyday has suffered some abrasions from my ring.....

I'm told that a quick buff with some brasso will bring the shine back to that nice bulbous end though..;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had quite a few birds in my car, and they've all commented on how shiny my knob is. When they've had a go of it they also like it's firm and responsive action.

I don't have a ring so perhaps thats why my knob gets all the attention?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
JV said:
I've had quite a few birds in my car, and they've all commented on how shiny my knob is. When they've had a go of it they also like it's firm and responsive action.

I don't have a ring so perhaps thats why my knob gets all the attention?
I'd keep the windows closed in future. Seen the mess those birds make all over the dashboard.....like battery acid it is!!

:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
spy photo

I have just discovered an underground surveillance photograph of a Oxford Plant quality assurance associate doing a field test with a gear knob checking device.

anybody want to see?

Didn't think so :D

try no. two?

·
Registered
342 Posts
A couple years ago my girlfriend was walking to her car at the local shopping mall and saw a mall employee in nothing but a trenchcoat watching her while polishing his knob. She called the police on her cell phone and when they got their hands on him he got the beating of his life.

Turns out the clothing shop he worked at was having a big sale and his pants were half off.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry! pilot error

third attempt

Here's the photo of a MINI employee using the Flaccidity Appendage Longitudinal Undersize Scanner to measure wear on the gear knob. This is important because it is reported that overuse of the knob results in sloppy motion and decreased longevity over the life of the car!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts