MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to share my sorrows with some fellow MINI owners. I could be picking up my long awaited MCC today but NO. Last Thurday I was waiting to turn right at a light and this lady in front of me started going then changed her mind at the last second and I rolled into her. It did nothing but break a small piece off of my plasic grille but enough to make me feel like I needed to get it fixed before I turned it in. So I ordered a new grille and expected it to arrive yesterday so I could have it replaced today. But of course somebody didn't have their stuff together so it didn't even get sent out until yesterday! Now I have to wait until NEXT WEEK to pick up my baby. I have to sit here for another week, knowing that my MINI is waiting for me, and just be mad at bad drivers...I'm so depressed :(

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
mukimmy99 said:
I just need to share my sorrows with some fellow MINI owners. I could be picking up my long awaited MCC today but NO. Last Thurday I was waiting to turn right at a light and this lady in front of me started going then changed her mind at the last second and I rolled into her. It did nothing but break a small piece off of my plasic grille but enough to make me feel like I needed to get it fixed before I turned it in. So I ordered a new grille and expected it to arrive yesterday so I could have it replaced today. But of course somebody didn't have their stuff together so it didn't even get sent out until yesterday! Now I have to wait until NEXT WEEK to pick up my baby. I have to sit here for another week, knowing that my MINI is waiting for me, and just be mad at bad drivers...I'm so depressed :(
Even those she's probably a hack driver, the collision was still your fault. I sympathize with the whole MINI pick-up situation and all, but you can't take anything for granted with the crazies out on the road...

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cooper76 said:
Even those she's probably a hack driver, the collision was still your fault. I sympathize with the whole MINI pick-up situation and all, but you can't take anything for granted with the crazies out on the road...

aw come on, i dont need any more driving legalities, i just needed some MINI lovin'.

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
howardpm said:
your bad luck is nothing compared to mine. As most people around here will agree.

Howard

I have read about your luck and i agree that mine is nothing like yours. i'm not trying to undermine you expereince i just thought my fellow motorers would give me some love becuse i'm upset. i will now retract my entire post.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
We're not bashing you or anything, we all feel for you and know what you must be going through. We all pained through the wait and to think the wait gets extended is tough to bear, but when you write:
I have to sit here for another week...and just be mad at bad drivers
it might give off the wrong impression.

But don't worry, a week is nothing. Will go by extremely fast. Especially if you keep hanging out here. :D

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Are you turning in another MINI for the convert? I would think if that were the case the dealership would be willing to make the switch knowing the part is already paid for an on order.

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maganoo said:
Are you turning in another MINI for the convert? I would think if that were the case the dealership would be willing to make the switch knowing the part is already paid for an on order.
No, its a jetta... the wait is just killin me!

·
Registered
514 Posts
mukimmy99 said:
I just need to share my sorrows with some fellow MINI owners.
I feel your pain. In fact, I was (am?) so paranoid about just such an event, my 02 MC which I'm selling to a private party is just sitting in my garage waiting for them to pick it up. So, as I wait for my MCSC to get from VDC to my dealer I have to look longingly at my MC knowing that with my luck if I drove it between now and the weekend somebody would probably hit me.

Hopefully you will be able to get your part squared away and the convertible will be home before you know it. Are you trading the car in or selling it yourself? If trading to the Mini dealer, I'd bet they would handle the trade and take care of the grill themselves.

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
indimini said:
I feel your pain. In fact, I was (am?) so paranoid about just such an event, my 02 MC which I'm selling to a private party is just sitting in my garage waiting for them to pick it up. So, as I wait for my MCSC to get from VDC to my dealer I have to look longingly at my MC knowing that with my luck if I drove it between now and the weekend somebody would probably hit me.

Hopefully you will be able to get your part squared away and the convertible will be home before you know it. Are you trading the car in or selling it yourself? If trading to the Mini dealer, I'd bet they would handle the trade and take care of the grill themselves.

I am just trading it in, but i can get it fixed myself for 50$ or let them take off nearly 300$ of my trade in value to do it themselves. in the grand scheme of buying a car, 250$ isnt a lot, but i'm pinching the pennies as it is, so i had to do it. i'm hoping they will let me give them my car, i'll take the mini, and then bring them the new grill when it comes in next week. i'm waiting to hear back about it...so yeah. be super careful if you leave!!! a kicked up rock could easily have dont the damage that i'm dealing with.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It kinda stinks that they would ding you $250 especially if they know the part is coming in. It probably takes them all of 15 minutes to swap the piece.

My old Mini is definitely staying put until the new owners pick her up. I can just see the following scenario if I don't -- cash their checks, pay off the car, take her for one last spin and "pow" -- all kinds of hassles I'd rather not think about. :) I guess it will make climbing into the convertible when it arrives that much sweeter. :D

Hope it works out soon! Post some pics of the MCC when you get it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry

Sorry to hear about the problems! it will all be over soon!
Then you will get it and be paranoid about whats next!

I had both my cash cards cut up in the dealership as the Card people thought it was fraud! which then involved a 100mph dash to the nearest bank 40 miles away before it shut and then I forgot to ask for any cash so didn't have enough petrol for the 300 mile drive home!

And then the first time I drove to work in it as I'd missed my train some scum bucket **** bag has run their keys down the side of it!!

Jealousy sucks !!

Good luck and enjoy !

These cars are great!

Neil

·
Elated Motorer!
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mini Virgin said:
Sorry to hear about the problems! it will all be over soon!
Then you will get it and be paranoid about whats next!

I had both my cash cards cut up in the dealership as the Card people thought it was fraud! which then involved a 100mph dash to the nearest bank 40 miles away before it shut and then I forgot to ask for any cash so didn't have enough petrol for the 300 mile drive home!

And then the first time I drove to work in it as I'd missed my train some scum bucket **** bag has run their keys down the side of it!!

Jealousy sucks !!

Good luck and enjoy !

These cars are great!

Neil
oh my gosh! I would to totally mad if they cut up my cards! and youre right, some people just cant handle the jealousy! thanks and i'm sure i'll thoroughly enjoy it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.