MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to all this malarkey so bear with me !! - not sure if the stock JCW suspension already comes in " slammed " ?? … basically 17" stock wheels currently in place and I was looking at lowering 20 - 30 millimetres and widening 10 - 12 millimetres or so …all in order I can fill the arches a bit and perhaps aesthetically a tad … I can see quite a few posts about the Eibach springs … but the whole camber adjustment thereafter / coilovers question is deepening the headf""k ,,, any advice would be greatly appreciated … thanks in advance ;-)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Not unless you like a low stance cars and/or drive on roads with no bumps, race tracks etc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not unless you like a low stance cars and/or drive on roads with no bumps, race tracks etc...

Love low stance cars … but don't drive on roads with no bumps as this is England were talking about LOL … Yeah stock ride is a little hard but not bad compared to some stock sporty style cars ive had in the past … I had read on other mini related pages that H&R springs lowered the ride but didn't effect ride quality … Perhaps its all in the eye of the beholder as such … What would be your take , if any , on a slight widening ?

·
Registered
801 Posts
For me, when my 2009 JCW suspension needs replacing I would get a decent set of coilovers and do it that way. I'm more into functional rather than stance, but I do like to look at low stanced cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts