MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'wrong side of the road'
62 Posts
Paul,I just looked up his info on our Mini2 web and it says he's got 2 postings. Am I reading it wrong? Some of us are a bit disillusioned by the actual gas mileage we get. And it's a bit different then what's posted on the window sticker.
All Co. do it to bolster figures. And BMW are not angels I just heard from the 866 support line that 500 new engines will be coming to CA. The 35% better fuel efficient motor This is also a bit unfair since CA. I think is one of the largest markets! I'm sure 3 years from now it will be all different. But don't we all have a platform, to state our views. This is a public Forum. I'm noy Googeling his spam I'm just checking his Mini2 internal record.
You may be the Trained monkey here but this man if he's shelled out 25,000 or 30,000 dollars for a car that's been misrepresented has every right to voice his ANGST!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in the 'freedom of speech' camp too (not that there is such a thing on a privately-owned forum), but fair do's to you Paul for pointing-out that he's done it for multiple brands. Initially, I thought you meant he'd been moaning about specifically MINI mpg around the net. However, your info turns him from a person with a beef about MINIs into a complete idiot just trying to make a point and have a general rant.

PS. Does anyone really think they are going to (regularly) get the published mpg figures on *any* car though? These cars that supposedly do 72mpg... yeah, when you throttle off and are going over a cliff! :D Best to come on the net/ forums and ask others what they get IMO.

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Manufacturer figures are obtained in controlled conditions. In normal circumstances, you'll never achieve claimed figures, but some cars are better than others at 'getting close'. My experience with two MINIs has been positive. My R56 MCS can apparently achieve 54.3mpg on the extra-urban cycle, and if I drive at 50mph (cruise controlled) I have managed an OBC readout of 58mpg averaged over 100 miles. The OBC readout will over estimate the fuel economy by at least a few mpg, but the point is my car is not consuming fuel at a rate to cause concern in comparison to the published figures. :D:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts