MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In March this year i managed to write off my 02 Mazda MX5 after having a blow out at 70mph in the middle lane of the m25. It spun three or four times each time making contact with the crash barrier and removing three sections (still waiting for the bill from the highways agency!!) Not one panel escaped damage, windscreen pillers bent wheels removed etc. The only good thing that came out of this was ending up with a MCS, sort of forced me to make a decision as i was thinking of changing the car anyway.

I recently got a letter from someone who now owns the car as it has been rebuilt with them wanting some history on it (i think it was a dealer as they were knowledgeable about salvage classes).

I have spoken to the insurance company and they advised it was salvage class Cat D and would of cost more than the car was worth to rebuild it using new parts.

Would you buy a car of this type? Do you think it is wrong that someone can do this?

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
I wouldn't buy a Category D as it is a Category D for a reason regardless.
But if the Buyer knew it is a Category D when She/He purchased it nothing has been done wrong.
Wouldn't like to be in it if it was involved in a accident though? :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts