MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Medea leaving today and due to arrive in New York(sure hope the Sox do it tonight!) on the 29th of this month. Whoa nelly! Happening much faster than I'd imagined. Hope Moytul(tentative name) likes the voyage. If I was sailing I'd tell her to skip the seafood as we have plenty of delicious lobstah and fried/steamed clams here in southern Maine.

Come on Cooper!

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
fred3 said:
The Medea leaving today and due to arrive in New York(sure hope the Sox do it tonight!) on the 29th of this month. Whoa nelly! Happening much faster than I'd imagined. Hope Moytul(tentative name) likes the voyage. If I was sailing I'd tell her to skip the seafood as we have plenty of delicious lobstah and fried/steamed clams here in southern Maine.

Come on Cooper!

Week build week are you? 39?

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea...

Cooper76 said:
Week build week are you? 39?
what build week I am. I never asked and the dealership never told me. I went in to the dealer the end of Sept. and made the down payment. Was then told they'd try to get an Oct/Nov. production slot. I called them because I was worried about the price increase for Dec and later builds($501 more). The Gen. mgr stated he'd try for an earlier date and the very next day I had a production number. Far out! So I'm guessing he took a slot that was cancelled and gave it to me. *shrug* Gotta say that I wasn't super impressed with the dealership at first, but if this is the way they take care of their customers then they've got me hooked.

Now if I can just control myself till it arrives in about a month or so.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fred,

Where did you order from? I placed my order (PW/B MC) with MINI of Peabody 9/13 but missed the September/October allocation. Just got my production number today. (for a December build, I believe)

I was told at the time that they (MoP) were getting far fewer allocation slots for MC's than MCS's so that may have contributed to my delay.

Anyway, congrats! Hope mine moves along as quickly...

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Wow - how'd you manage that?
That ship's just steamrollin' with your Cooper!
Safe voyage. :)

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
fred3 said:
what build week I am. I never asked and the dealership never told me. I went in to the dealer the end of Sept. and made the down payment. Was then told they'd try to get an Oct/Nov. production slot. I called them because I was worried about the price increase for Dec and later builds($501 more). The Gen. mgr stated he'd try for an earlier date and the very next day I had a production number. Far out! So I'm guessing he took a slot that was cancelled and gave it to me. *shrug* Gotta say that I wasn't super impressed with the dealership at first, but if this is the way they take care of their customers then they've got me hooked.

Now if I can just control myself till it arrives in about a month or so.

Did you get a printout from your dealer that listed your built car on the day you ordered? If so, the production number and week number is listed on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats & Thanks

Congratulations and thanks. I ordered my mini on Aug 23, it took a month before the website status changed to in production, then the status changed to awaiting transport of the last 2 weeks. Once I read that yours had shipped, I thought (hoped really) that maybe our mini's might be on the same cruise. Your post got me to call my dealer, I inquired as to the status of my mini, wonder of wonders my mini is in transit, expected here on the West coast the first week of November and I should be taking my bright shiny new baby home around Veterans Day! Christmas is coming early this year. :green:

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yer welcome. :)

SirMarley said:
Congratulations and thanks. I ordered my mini on Aug 23, it took a month before the website status changed to in production, then the status changed to awaiting transport of the last 2 weeks. Once I read that yours had shipped, I thought (hoped really) that maybe our mini's might be on the same cruise. Your post got me to call my dealer, I inquired as to the status of my mini, wonder of wonders my mini is in transit, expected here on the West coast the first week of November and I should be taking my bright shiny new baby home around Veterans Day! Christmas is coming early this year. :green:
I'm looking to get my MINI around the same time as you are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
fred3 said:
I'm looking to get my MINI around the same time as you are.
CONGRATS!!!

I am awaiting transport. How did you find out what ship etc.etc. Did the dealer provide this data? My dealer called and told me mine was built 2 days before the web site. I just wonder if mine is on the way and I don't know it yet.

Have fun fred3 and hope to be seeing you smilin on down the maine roads soon. Mine will be a chilli red with white bonnet stripes (almost the twin of yours). Mine will be motoring mostly in the yarmouth/portland area except weekends when who knows where I may end up. :p

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks and good ...

jvmckenzie said:
CONGRATS!!!

I am awaiting transport. How did you find out what ship etc.etc. Did the dealer provide this data? My dealer called and told me mine was built 2 days before the web site. I just wonder if mine is on the way and I don't know it yet.

Have fun fred3 and hope to be seeing you smilin on down the maine roads soon. Mine will be a chilli red with white bonnet stripes (almost the twin of yours). Mine will be motoring mostly in the yarmouth/portland area except weekends when who knows where I may end up. :p
motoring with your new mini.

I found out the ship using the "Delivery, Shipping and Order Tracking" forum here at mini2. At this link: http://www.mini2.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5 Then just click on the second Sticky(FAQ) and follow the instructions. Worked quite well except I could never see my ships call sign at the Coast Guard site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.