MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

ok i know this is really sad but i was quite excited to find this today when i was playing with the buttons. i bet everyone already knows about it but I didn't!

when you're driving, if you unlock the doors and hold the central locking button up on the switch panel the windows and sunroof open similtainously. its basically the comfort opening when you're driving.

well i thought it was cool!

jase :)

· Registered
208 Posts
I'm sure that will come in handy for something.... :p

· Registered
733 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
hi guys,

ok i know this is really sad but i was quite excited to find this today when i was playing with the buttons. i bet everyone already knows about it but I didn't!

when you're driving, if you unlock the doors and hold the central locking button up on the switch panel the windows and sunroof open similtainously. its basically the comfort opening when you're driving.

that *is* cool!
who knew ? :)

· MNEEME
52 Posts
Well also if you push the window buttons down far enough they go down by themselves and if you push the sunroof button back all way it opens automatically. But I didn't know about what you said. Pretty neat man. I would go try it but its raining right now! BOO...

· Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DFL138 said:
Well also if you push the window buttons down far enough they go down by themselves and if you push the sunroof button back all way it opens automatically. But I didn't know about what you said. Pretty neat man. I would go try it but its raining right now! BOO...
yeah i knew that but then you have to press 3 buttons!

· Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,253 Posts
It works when the car isn't moving as well, so you can do it while you're still buckling up, storing anything that might fly during the twisties ;) etc.

Also if you do it when the car isn't moving, then when you do start moving, if you have the programmed auto lock at 10 (12, whatever) mph, then you don't drive with your doors unlocked.

I'm pretty sure this is actually in the manual for the car though, but don't hold me on that :)

· Lights are on but...
10,357 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
yeah i knew that but then you have to press 3 buttons!
I was under the impression it did this the other way to...

...as for comfort opening, it also makes it easier to get in and out of the car (due to the frameless windows) in a tight space, if your getting out of the car you can rewind up all the windows by puting the key in the lock and holding it in the locked position.

· DjK
70 Posts
thanks

I have to admit, I've had my MINI since April and I never ever knew what if you hold the unlock switch up it will put all the windows down. That is soo cool, I just tried it when I went to get pizza (cant have the car smelling like pizza). Thanks for that, I just wish it would put them all up too.

· almost 59k
5,115 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
hi guys,

i only found about the comfort opening / closing from the key a few months ago.. so dont worry mate :D Hows your MINI by the way?:confused:

· Registered
132 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
hi guys,

You do know you can do it with the key as well. Hold down the unlock button and the windows and sunroof open. When you get out put the key in the lock and turn to the left (might be right in the US) and the sunroof and windows close.

· Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scooperman_uk said:
i only found about the comfort opening / closing from the key a few months ago.. so dont worry mate :D Hows your MINI by the way?:confused:
Hi Mate,

The MINIs been better. It's at the dealer for a change after it started Smoking and the outside lights went off on the M1.

Nightmare!

J

· Hangin at the Krusty Krab
850 Posts
All you need now, is to link the height adjustable passenger seat to a high speed actuator, then link this to the comfort opening and you have a DIY ejection seat for those annoying moments when your passenger takes multiple failed attempts to flick their chewing gum out of the window.

· Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scooperman_uk said:
what was the fault?:confused:
they're saying that it was a faulty switch or something. load of crap if you ask me. head tech guys from BMW are down inspecting the car now... it's more serious than they're letting on if you ask me!

J

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.