MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
my understanding is that those who order brushed alloy (and I was going to myself before opting for piano black) will get a car that has B.A on the dash, but this is complemented with fluid silver door trims rather than B.A door trims, which do not exist.....so you only get alloy on the dash...you expecting this, I trust
Yeah, at first I thought it was B.A. everywhere, the dealer then pointed out that the doors are grey mat, I thought 'here we go again'.
But if you check out Paul's link further up this page you can see that the rings on the doors are "Grey Silver" and only the door handles are B.A.

(Probably just as well too, since a friend of mine with a BMW X3 has aluminium on the door trim, when he leaves his car for a few hours in the sun -plenty of that here- you can actually get burned if you touch the aluminium surface by mistake!!)

Memnon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well Done Memnon....you did the right thing. They dealer (and BMW Hellas) has the obligation to deliver the car according to your specs...if it is their fault that the car arrived with wrong specs, they have to cover any expenses and not you have to wait for 3 more months.

BTW, which one is the dealer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Proud owner of a Laser Blue MCS!
First impressions are very positive (this thing really goes!!).

Radio-CD is CRAP (Boost).
I have had expensive after market ICE on all my cars up till now but have never experienced
such an overpriced disaster (even my wife's 1998 1.0 Corsa has a better stock system).
(where exactly is mikethemini in the UK ;) ?)

thanks for the support everyone,
looking forward to really enjoying this car.

memnon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well Done memnon....hope you will enjoy it...and go easy for the first 2.000 kms.

I find that the Boost CD with the extra Hi-Fi speakers is quite good. Compared to the Hi-Fi of my BMW (E46, 325ti) is of the samel sound quality (or at least that is how I hear it!). I do not know about the standard Boost CD.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts