MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Happy Trudger
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stuff is great. Actually does clean one's windscreen or windshield, as the case may be.

I was at my favorite place to lighten my wallet, my race mechanic's shop, getting some stuff done when he said I was low on washer fluid and should try this stuff. So, I bought 4 32ml bottles @$1.50 USD each. Put one in and drove away.

Rain came next day as becomes daily occurence in Seattle this time of year, spritzed my windshield and Voila!, the stuff works. :D A couple of swipes of the wiper and all the road grime is gone. Now if I could only do something with all the repaired chips and generally sandblasted windshield itself. :rolleyes: Isn't it great having a windshield that's basically perpendicular to the ground? :confused: :(

Back to additive. It is made in Erith, Kent, so I'm hoping our members across the pond can help us colonists. Googled it and came up with only one hit and it was in Oz. :eek: http://www.wurth.com.au/catalogueview.asp?pdf=A06_0044.pdf

At least it showed me that they make a larger container, as in 5 liters. Hmmmm, that should last for a while. :rolleyes: If I can only find a supplier here in the States. Guess I can ask my auto mechanic, but I hate to go around him to buy this. I think he only has about 6 more payments left for his 42' cabin cruiser. ;)

Any help would be appreciated. I can't say that my car is always clean, but I like my windshield that way. I like to see the very last expression on someone's face, just before I run them over. Uhhh, just kidding.

·
Registered
588 Posts
NearlyNN said:
This stuff is great. Actually does clean one's windscreen or windshield, as the case may be.

I was at my favorite place to lighten my wallet, my race mechanic's shop, getting some stuff done when he said I was low on washer fluid and should try this stuff. So, I bought 4 32ml bottles @$1.50 USD each. Put one in and drove away.

Rain came next day as becomes daily occurence in Seattle this time of year, spritzed my windshield and Voila!, the stuff works. :D A couple of swipes of the wiper and all the road grime is gone. Now if I could only do something with all the repaired chips and generally sandblasted windshield itself. :rolleyes: Isn't it great having a windshield that's basically perpendicular to the ground? :confused: :(

Back to additive. It is made in Erith, Kent, so I'm hoping our members across the pond can help us colonists. Googled it and came up with only one hit and it was in Oz. :eek: http://www.wurth.com.au/catalogueview.asp?pdf=A06_0044.pdf

At least it showed me that they make a larger container, as in 5 liters. Hmmmm, that should last for a while. :rolleyes: If I can only find a supplier here in the States. Guess I can ask my auto mechanic, but I hate to go around him to buy this. I think he only has about 6 more payments left for his 42' cabin cruiser. ;)

Any help would be appreciated. I can't say that my car is always clean, but I like my windshield that way. I like to see the very last expression on someone's face, just before I run them over. Uhhh, just kidding.
Try this : [email protected] /[email protected]

Good luck!
[email protected]

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
I do not work for Wurth !

I have found over the years that they truly deliver quality stuff in everything they sell. From window washer to brake cleaner to electrical fittings to rivets and nuts and bolts. I go to great lengths to ssure myself of supplies...........

·
Happy Trudger
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnlondonw3 said:
Thanks for the info.

I agree with pcoketrocketpower, at least as regards the window cleaner. Though my speed shop swears by their other products. Talked to them recently about the larger 5L jug of cleaner and he's going to try to get some for the shop and a jug for me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just think it's a good idea to be able to see out your windhshield when driving. My car might be dirty, but not the glass.

My other quirk, is absolutely under no circumstances do any loose objects go on the dash or anywhere near the driver's area. For better or worse, I still have my reflexes and the habit of instinctivley grabbing at somehting falling nearby. :rolleyes: Got me in an accident once back in 1971. Another time I broke my big toe, when I tried to catch a 1.5L of wine that I knocked off the shelf during my days working for a winery, with my foot. :eek: Live and learn (I hope). ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts