MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows the frequency of the oem fitted Xenon bulbs please?

Ive had one go and need a replacement. I think I read somewhere that it was 4300k but struggling to confirm.

Oh and its for a July 2010 Cooper S

Many thanks

· Registered
1,302 Posts
You can check on RealOEM for the correct part no as different manufacturer will produce slightly different colour temperature ranging from 4100K to 4300K+.

Best would be to remove the old part and look on the bottom for the part no and buy the same part if you want an exact match.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I wont be using a direct replacement. Have you seen the price of them? I was horrified when I saw. Lol
Ive found a good deal on ozram which I inderstand to be good but they have different k's as it were. I checkes the bottom of the bulb but it doesnt give that bit of info that I can see. Only the fitting and wattage

· Registered
13,590 Posts
ring are good brand as well dont know what they do for mini but there white bulbs are very good link below, also be aware of the heat rating on them as plastic melts easy. and chinese ones could be anything as such

· Registered
1,617 Posts
If you replace both of them at the same time, then you won't have to worry about the colour mismatch. Generally, they are cheaper of you buy them in pairs. Having said that, I have not had to replace a xenon bulb on my 2005 MINI yet, though I have replace them on my E60 BMW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.