MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the site but i am desperately searching for a xenon headlight for my 54 plate cooper s. In April a child ran out behind a parked car (he is absolutely fine) and smashed the protective glass and i have to buy a whole new light. I am finding it very very difficult to find the same part. To be honest buying direct from Mini will cost over £400 :angry:

Any help would be much appreciated, any ideas also.

Thanks alot!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've seen xenon headlamps on eBay for about £175 buy-it-now price, and recent auctions for pairs of xenon headlamps for about £300-400. They typically come from MINI breakers, such as MiniMatt and others that list their stuff on eBay.

I would get these for my own 54 plate MINI MCS (to replace my halogen headlamps) but finding someone who would be able to do the washers and auto-leveling at a decent price is proving to be an issue.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I'd get the childs parents to pay for it if its not your fault and then get a new one from MINI, they have house insurance, surely that will cover it for them if they don't want to cough up the cash;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is seeming to be harder than it sounds!! the insurance company and the police are not being very helpful. Although my headlight cover is smashed, i have dents in the bonnet and also my windscreen smashed!! i look on ebay everyday and i have a very specific (i think) headlight, it is so hard to find the one i have, my dad suggested i change both of the headlights as it would work out cheaper but i dont really want to. i like the look of the car. Any ideas though i appreciate so thank you

·
Registered
41 Posts
54 plate means you (should) have a facelifted R53, so yes the xenons will look different to the pre-facelifted ones. And you don't want the R56 ones for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can i uplaod pictures that i have!! Also i dont know what you mean by R53 and R56. I love my car but not sure on all the technical stuff!!

I appreciate everyones help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
R53 is the 1st generation Mini Cooper S. R56 is the 2nd generation Mini( the lastest model). The R53 had a face lift in the middle of 2004 part of that face lift was different headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is what i have yes!! thank you very much. Now i just need to find someone who has got that (passenger side) it is very difficult to find this one, anyone that sells them on ebay has the older models. Again if anyone has got any ideas i would appreciate it alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts